• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC-C-Model SA's/Ciscos and Samsungs SUPER SLOW Today!

Started by Jack 1000, Wednesday Aug 08, 2012, 06:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Greetings,

The speed on my SA-box, SA-8300HDC for Keyboard Searching has been insanely terrible!  Some searches now take upwards of 40 seconds to 1 minutes between EACH letter!  The slowness got worse with the addition of WMLW-HD channel 1007.

When you call, ASK FOR LEVEL 3 TECH SUPPORT. Let them know the type of box you have and say that Keyboard Search is now unusable because of the slowness.  Ask the CSR to please contact the engineering department to update the ODN terminals from ODN 5.2.07 to ODN 5.2.09.  ODN 5.2.09 fixes the speed issue with searching and keyboard navigation. If the CSR who answers the phone won't transfer you to level 3 tech support, mention the slowness with the keyboard, that different boxes produce the same results, and have she/he whoever you talk to forward the request to the Engineering Department.

The phone number is 1-800-627-2288

It's bad enough that if enough people call, they might push out that ODN 5.2.09 fix sooner,  The more who call the better.

*Note:  Non-C Model boxes that are NOT Samsungs, such as the SA-8240HD and the SA-8300HD will not be affected by the slowness.  Boxes below that might be.  You should only call about this slowness issue, if your box has the keyboard slowness (B-button slow search) issue.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Jack 1000

Update: A totally cold reboot of the box fixed the minute long delay between each keypress on the keyboard search. Back to only a slightly slow speed of about 5 seconds or less per keyboard command to when the key shows up on screen.

However, multiple listings of several titles in my MLB Baseball search illustrated above are still too slow. There are still often 20-30 seconds needed between button presses when multiple shows with the same title. The problem remains that the more keyboard listings there are, the slower the search on most ODN boxes.

Still interested in when the ODN 5.2.09 speed search may be coming to the Milwaukee/Metro Milwaukee area? I am looking forward to this speed fix update for the keyboard.

Jack

PS.  Noticed on my box that the "B" search button has been changed to "Browse Shows."  (The word shows is cut off by the TV Guide logo.)  They might be working on something.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;58771Update: A totally cold reboot of the box fixed the minute long delay between each keypress on the keyboard search. Back to only a slightly slow speed of about 5 seconds or less per keyboard command to when the key shows up on screen.

However, multiple listings of several titles in my MLB Baseball search illustrated above are still too slow. There are still often 20-30 seconds needed between button presses when multiple shows with the same title. The problem remains that the more keyboard listings there are, the slower the search on most ODN boxes.

Still interested in when the ODN 5.2.09 speed search may be coming to the Milwaukee/Metro Milwaukee area? I am looking forward to this speed fix update for the keyboard.

Jack

PS.  Noticed on my box that the "B" search button has been changed to "Browse Shows."  (The word shows is cut off by the TV Guide logo.)  They might be working on something.

Box Search button is back to saying "B"-Search following a second reboot, but the keyboard is still too slow.  Waiting upwards of 30 seconds for keyboard searches to complete should NOT be indicative of 2012 technology.  Search speeds need improvement, which we should hopefully see with ODN 5.2.09 when it is released to the Milwaukee/Metro areas.

Jack