• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Will WCGV be independent again one day?

Started by PaulKTF, Monday Jan 08, 2007, 06:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

This whole My Network TV thing seems to be a disaster at least in ratings and I only watch WCGV for their local syndication of The Cosby SHow and not anything on MyTV.

I give it 2 years at most before the whole concept fizzles out and is abandoned. If that happens; do you think WCGV will go back to being an independent again? I liked it a whole lot better that way (ditto for WVTV). It's just sad that we only have one independent station in the market in WMLW and that's not even a true independent.
-Paul

Jimboy

Quote from: PaulKTF;36948This whole My Network TV thing seems to be a disaster at least in ratings and I only watch WCGV for their local syndication of The Cosby SHow and not anything on MyTV.

I give it 2 years at most before the whole concept fizzles out and is abandoned. If that happens; do you think WCGV will go back to being an independent again? I liked it a whole lot better that way (ditto for WVTV). It's just sad that we only have one independent station in the market in WMLW and that's not even a true independent.

My Network TV has other plans in the works..........

Recently, it was revealed that executives for the network are planning major changes to MyNetworkTV's programming, which would reduce telenovelas to only 2 nights a week and fill the rest with a variety of new unscripted programming such as reality shows, game shows (such as My Games Fever), movies, and sports, and a revisit to a deal with the Ultimate Fighting Championship

taken from.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Network_TV

LoadStar

Opinion: nothing described in that article sounded remotely watchable.

Prediction: MyNetworkTV will become "F2," "MoreFOX" or something like that, featuring repurposed shows from FOX's other properties, and a very few productions original to the network (mostly tie-in shows promoting shows on the other networks, sort of like the AI tie-ins on FOX Reality). They'll probably exploit the 20th Century Fox movie library as well. The schedule could be slashed back at this point, sort of how FOX got started. After a rebuilding period, they'll begin to develop a very few (1 or 2) high profile, medium-to-low cost shows to be their "identity" shows, sort of like Rescue Me and the like on FX.