• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

*Official* Your HT thread!

Started by Paul S., Tuesday Dec 21, 2004, 01:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul S.

This probally won't do so great, but hey, what the hell!

Here's mine- lotsa work left to do!

gparris

Thanks for the cool pictures...finally!
:)

Where is the equipment rack, the pictures seem a little dark around the HDTV set, or is it just me?
I like the seating area the best, though, I think the bar is shaping up nicely. As for the side surrounds, these can be positioned on to the sides of that lounge/couch area so your ears hear from the sides instead of the back, where you already (per pictures) have the 2 back surrounds. Make sure your '3805  is set  up for spacing these apart in its setup.
The left and right front speakers are best at ear-level while seated for better sound focusing, though this is a perference and you again can tweak your receiver/amp for best performance or use the setup with a microphone on this model, as I did....good luck!:D

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by gparris
As for the side surrounds, these can be positioned on to the sides of that lounge/couch area so your ears hear from the sides instead of the back, where you already (per pictures) have the 2 back surrounds.  

There are 2 surrounds directly to the left and right of the couch, and the 2 you see side by side, behind me. I'd like them at ear level, but thats impossible here.

Paul S.

Here's a better view of the front and speakers. Oh, and my flag, too lol

gparris

Thanks for the equipment pictures in the cool racks.
(Doesn't it get difficult to hide all the wires, sometimes?)
:eek:

As for the ear-level part, I meant the front right and left channel speakers and now that I see the actual front of the HT setup with HDTV, FLOOR-standing speakers in the front with subwoofer and racks, I think you got it , matey!;)

Looks like a real HT party room-now-but are you adding anything else that we will get to see (in the future or in person?):D

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by gparris
Thanks for the equipment pictures in the cool racks.
(Doesn't it get difficult to hide all the wires, sometimes?)
:eek:

Looks like a real HT party room-now-but are you adding anything else that we will get to see (in the future or in person?):D

You're welcome! And no, the racks have holes on the back to slip the wires through so they're not as visible. It is a PIA to fish wires through when there are a lot going in, though.

Speaking of, I think I would like to have a Milwaukee HD party here. It would have to be BYO though, since the painting trade is slow and I'm on my 6th week off since Sept.

I will be adding more (acopustic wall panels, new carpeting, a better bar area, maybe drywall) as money allows.

Matt Heebner

Hey Paul,
That sounds like a great idea. We should do a BYOB and dish to pass or something like that.  I think it would be great to meet more fellow milwaukeehdtv.org(ians ?).

Let us know what you think.

Matt

Steve Mann

Nice theater, Paul. Great job on everything. The speakers look kick-ass.

Here's some pics of mine that are on my website.

Lot's more available here: http://steve-mann.com/ht.htm
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Heebner
Hey Paul,
That sounds like a great idea. We should do a BYOB and dish to pass or something like that.  I think it would be great to meet more fellow milwaukeehdtv.org(ians ?).

Let us know what you think.

Matt

Heather gave the thumbs up "just as long as there are no weirdos". So, everyone can come but the weirdos :)

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Mann
Nice theater, Paul. Great job on everything. The speakers look kick-ass.

Your set up is nicer. I need to neaten things up a bit and get more stuff. I always need more 'stuff'...

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul S.
I always need more 'stuff'...

Don't we all!  :D
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Paul S.

Heather gave the thumbs up "just as long as there are no weirdos". So, everyone can come but the weirdos :)

So....??

Gregg Lengling

I guess that means only the wives and significant others can come, because you know all of us are just a "Pack Of Nerds"!!!!
:p
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Mrtanner

I'll try not to be too hurt about the snub.

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Gregg Lengling
I guess that means only the wives and significant others can come, because you know all of us are just a "Pack Of Nerds"!!!!
:p
QuoteOriginally posted by Mrtanner
I'll try not to be too hurt about the snub.

lol!

But seriously, we can do this if there is enough interest. I'd say ten people (which may actually be the posting population here lmao). Post here if you want to do it!