News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Price Increase for DVR "Service"

Started by popegreg, Thursday Jan 17, 2013, 11:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popegreg

I just saw on my bill that "The price for DVD service will increase from $10.95 to $12.99 per DVR" on my next bill.  

This is on top of the price increase in November and the $4 Modem Lease fee.

I am just about done with TWC.:wave:

grenier

The price for basic and standard services are going up also.
Cisco 8640HDC

popegreg

Quote from: grenier;59112The price for basic and standard services are going up also.

Yep that too, but the DVR Service ticks me off more.  I've been putting up with their half-baked Navigator and 20th century tech for far too long.

I've been pricing out DirectTV and Dish.  It's not a switch I really want to make but TWC has proven that they don't give a cr@p about existing subs.

Anyone know what the actual equipment lease fees are for Dish & DTV?  I honestly can't figure it out without fully signing up.  I'm looking at a whole house set up with one primary and two other TV's.

Bebop

Just call TW, use the key words "cancel or downgrade", That will get you to CRS and ask for a better deal. It worked for me and got $20 off my RR extreme.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Jack 1000

It's Navigator that has been the thorn in the side of TWC for the past six years!  Even the newer boxes would be better, but Navigator cripples them, and TWC IS losing subs over the slowness and poor quality of the Navigator Guide, without question.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

markd

Quote from: Bebop;59121Just call TW, use the key words "cancel or downgrade", That will get you to CRS and ask for a better deal. It worked for me and got $20 off my RR extreme.

That worked for me too (though I was actually serious about canceling the TV portion).  Somehow, by upgrading my service, they were able to knock $50 off my bill.  I don't understand it but I wasn't about to complain.

LoadStar

Quote from: markd;59130That worked for me too (though I was actually serious about canceling the TV portion).  Somehow, by upgrading my service, they were able to knock $50 off my bill.  I don't understand it but I wasn't about to complain.

There are some weird pricing break points where it in fact is cheaper to upgrade. I think I encountered one of them when moving from the base digital tier to the next level up.

kevbeck122

Quote from: popegreg;59120Yep that too, but the DVR Service ticks me off more.  I've been putting up with their half-baked Navigator and 20th century tech for far too long.

I've been pricing out DirectTV and Dish.  It's not a switch I really want to make but TWC has proven that they don't give a cr@p about existing subs.

Anyone know what the actual equipment lease fees are for Dish & DTV?  I honestly can't figure it out without fully signing up.  I'm looking at a whole house set up with one primary and two other TV's.

I have the DIRECTV Genie (HR34 DVR with 2 C31 client boxes - 3 TVs).  Whole Home DVR service + HD is $18 per month regardless of how many DVRs are on your account.  For the first two years that is discounted to $8 per month.   Each box lease fee beyond the first is $6 per month (so $12 in my case).  These charges are in addition to the normal programming costs.  For more content/features compared with TWC, I'm currently paying about $30 less / month with DIRECTV (both were new customer deals).