• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Stuttering and pixalating

Started by Kenoman, Saturday Mar 24, 2012, 11:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenoman

Anyone have problems with stuttering and pixalating? When watching a show all of a sudden it will freeze for a second then continue. This is very annoying. It happens more on the channels above 1100.
Don't know if it's the station or my SA8300HDC boxes. Yes, it happens on both boxes I have.

LoadStar

Could be a couple of issues... could be signal strength (ironically, either too low or too high)... or it could be a problem with the box. Your best bet is to contact TWC and have them check signal strength, and if that looks OK, try swapping out the box if you have the opportunity.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Kenoman;58399Anyone have problems with stuttering and pixalating? When watching a show all of a sudden it will freeze for a second then continue. This is very annoying. It happens more on the channels above 1100.
Don't know if it's the station or my SA8300HDC boxes. Yes, it happens on both boxes I have.

We had that on our SA-8300HDC box for months.  Tech came out and replaced the line.  Everything was fine for awhile but than would come back within days to hours of a box reboot.  

The second tech noted a corroded cable in the back of the DVR that was causing all of our problems, he replaced that, and the problem has not only ceased, it has not come back for almost three months.  It could be a signal, line issue, or a box issue as well, but I would ask the tech to please check the cables in the back of the TV/DVR as well as the lines.  We were so sure the box was going bad, and in our case, it wasn't the box at all.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide