• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Return of the Closings Ticker

Started by WITI6fan, Friday Jan 20, 2012, 05:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITI6fan

It's just not winter unless there's something on the screen telling us that "Hairstyles by Maude" is closed and and Friday Night Bingo is canceled.

There are some big changes this year! New tickers on WTMJ and WDJT, and an updated one on WITI.

WTMJ's ticker is now in HD, and doesn't squish the video anymore. It also no longer has it's own logo so there's not 3 "Today's TMJ4" logos on the screen.

Before:

WITI cleaned theirs up, made it smaller, making the inset video larger and allowing the ticker to overlap it slightly.

Before:

WDJT has switched to their new HD ticker. The only issue is the map seems to have been pushed out of SD safe areas just so they could slap on a sponsor logo.

WISN has made no changes and everything works the same way as last year.

Will they continue to alert us to the bingo cancellations during primetime? We'll see...

trev57

IMO, WDJT's new ticker looks great, just like the rest of the graphics. Thank God TMJ got out of squish-o-vision with their awesome new ticker; word has it they're also working on a new election ticker as well. WITI- meh, just like the rest of their graphics.

PONIES

As if I needed another reason to avoid the local channels.

I think I'll be sticking with cable.