• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC going door to door now?

Started by WPXE ION, Friday May 06, 2011, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WPXE ION

Last night around 7 a sales rep from TWC showed up at the door trying to get us to add phone service, cable, and upgrade our internet. Are they getting that desperate?

Anyone else have them show up?

ArgMeMatey

Not yet, but I have no problem with door-to-door sales.  It's just that they don't offer any better deals than I already have!  

I have told three UVerse sales teams to come on back when they can meet my needs.  

It's pretty tough to beat the monthly price of the antenna in my attic, but they can keep trying.

Snard

Quote from: WPXE ION;57329Last night around 7 a sales rep from TWC showed up at the door trying to get us to add phone service, cable, and upgrade our internet. Are they getting that desperate?

Anyone else have them show up?
We had a guy show up, and he actually convinced me to add RoadRunner and phone to my existing cable. His combined price was $35/mo less than my combined bills were before (I had AT&T land line & DSL), the price is guaranteed for the next 24 months, and no cancellation penalty if I change my mind. Plus I got new phone features (caller ID, etc.). Not a bad deal actually.
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!

Tivoman44

Two summers ago I had Uverse knock on my door.  I was open to it but told them no because it isn't compatible with Tivo.  I didn't like how pushy they were when they kept saying "what is good time for us to do this" when I never said yes.