• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Any word on Road Runner Extreme?

Started by Mark Strube, Thursday May 05, 2011, 02:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncantuna

Quote from: neomaxi;57429Your better off going with the business class deal. $49.99 with three year contact.
you get  Packet prioritiazation.  Meaning your data packets get a priority over all the other regular RR extreme and wideband customers.   I have 15/2. and its pretty consistent... Never drop below 10 meg down... thats the lowest I go.

plus way... better latency and pings..

Curious to obtain "business class" .. do you call RoadRunner?  Or TWC Business?

kevbeck122

Looks like standard just got bumped up recently to 10/1 like I was told it would.  I just noticed the higher upload while running a speed test today.  It seems to powerboost up to 30Mbps down (I think it was 20 before).

duncantuna

Yep .. my previous 8/512k line was bumped to 12/1 on Thursday.

If you don't see that increase, reboot your cable modem.

Bebop

Anyone with Turbo noticed an increase?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Danno321

I have the Digital Combo package that includes RR bundled into the Digital TV plus first tier HD channels (no Mav).  I pay about $102 per month.  I just tested my RR; see below.  I would think Extreme/Wideband would be even better than this.

Speakesy showed 30 Mbps DOWN and about same UP as Speedtest.  Are Speedtest servers overloaded so that I am really getting 30 Mbps DOWN?

kevbeck122

Quote from: Danno321;57493Speakesy showed 30 Mbps DOWN and about same UP as Speedtest.  Are Speedtest servers overloaded so that I am really getting 30 Mbps DOWN?

The reason you see 30Mbps is because of powerboost.  You'll get up to 30Mbps for the first 10-30 seconds of a download (I don't remember exactly how long), then it goes down to regular speed (10 Mbps for standard, 15Mbps for turbo).

duncantuna

Try testing your speed here:

http://speedtest.wi.rr.com

It's RR Wisconsin's own speed tester, so the results should be pretty spot on.  With Wideband, you'll need to select a really large test, like 59megs.

-kb