• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Good Roof Top Antenna???

Started by tjaberg, Monday Mar 28, 2011, 12:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjaberg

My parents have a condo in Plover (near Stevens Point) and they have been using Charter to get the basic channels, but really hate ther customer service and the quality they get.

If they would mount a roof top antenna, is possible to pull in all of the local affiliates well from Wausau and Rhinelander??  And what would be a good brand and type of antenna to try?

Any help is much appreciated!

Jimboy

If it were me........ I'd try a deep fringe or extreme fringe digitenna. Get it on the roof as high as possible with a rotor for easy adjustment.
http://www.digitenna.com/products

Personally I'm currently using a Channelmaster 4228.

Ralph Kramden

Go to Antennaweb.org and type in their address. It will tell you how far the towers are from their house, and recommend what size antenna they need.

You can't go wrong with Winegard or Channelmaster.

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: tjaberg;57188is possible to pull in all of the local affiliates well from Wausau and Rhinelander??  

Have you checked out tvfool.com?  Have you tried a set-top antenna, or just an indoor antenna in a window facing north?  

I put in 54467 and a height of 30 feet, guessing that as a rooftop height.  PBS, CBS, and ABC are in the green.  Fox is in the yellow and NBC (WJFW/12 Rhinelander via translator W27AU) is red.  But at least they are all roughly straight north.