• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

"Return to Titletown"

Started by WITI6fan, Tuesday Feb 08, 2011, 04:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITI6fan

TMJ4 is airing the feed that is being produced by WFRV in Green Bay.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2rn8s5h.jpg

Seriously? It's 2011 and this is the best quality they can muster up? At first I thought they were airing archival footage from the LAST Superbowl celebration... or possibly the first...

trev57

It is pretty terrible. They're not HD, but I've watched WFRV before and they aren't that bad.

mrschimpf

Quote from: trev57;57005It is pretty terrible. They're not HD, but I've watched WFRV before and they aren't that bad.

WFRV was airing the same feed in 4:3 and slight letterboxing. I saw that TMJ upscaled the highlights to fill the screen later on, so I'm going to see if the 7pm replay is better than the original and has it in WS. Probably an issue with CBS Sports unavailable like they are in the preseason to get a couple of HD cameras in there, so they had to work with what WFRV had camera-wise.

ETA - Not any better for the 7pm replay. Couldn't WTMJ have lent WFRV a couple of their widescreen cameras at the very least? It seriously looked like 1996.

Matt Heebner

The NFL network was airing this in HD....but too bad it was blacked out on Directv. I mean seriously....blacked out ???
I agree.....looked really bad.

LoadStar

Quote from: Matt Heebner;57010The NFL network was airing this in HD....but too bad it was blacked out on Directv. I mean seriously....blacked out ???
I agree.....looked really bad.

From what I saw on one of the local stations, the NFL Network just had it in SD 4:3, upscaled and pillarboxed out.

oz

Ha ha, glad other people noticed how poor this looked.

spolebitski

I thought it looked terrible as well.  We have seen all NFL games in HD for a few years now. To see what was broadcast was a disappointing.

Danno321

Zenith demonstrated a Digital HD system in a Chicago suburb around 1987.   Japan at the time had an Analog HD system in Japan.   Because of lobbying and crony relations that Zenith's system went no where until some South Korean company bought assets.   Anyone???   And we are where today???

trev57

Quote from: Danno321;57033Zenith demonstrated a Digital HD system in a Chicago suburb around 1987.   Japan at the time had an Analog HD system in Japan.   Because of lobbying and crony relations that Zenith's system went no where until some South Korean company bought assets.   Anyone???   And we are where today???

What does this have to do with anything?:huh?:

Danno321

Quote from: trev57;57034What does this have to do with anything?:huh?:

Picture quality?  Why has it taken 20 years to get SOME Digital HD content?  And we still have crappy quality (though mine has gotten better since moving to Moxi).   Just maybe government regulation is mostly responsible for the picture quality issues.   R.I.P. Zenith.