News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Weather scroll during Packer game.

Started by gb4fan92, Thursday Sep 02, 2010, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb4fan92

Are you kidding me TMJ?????  You got a scroll running because a little rain is coming and you gotta make it worse by having a T Storm Warning map that seriously goes almost to the middle of my screen???   Do you really think Packer fans are tuned in to your channel to see the weather report???? :bang::bang::bang:

LoadStar

You can beat your head against a wall all you want, all you'll get is a headache. If it was just "a little bit of rain," they wouldn't have the scroller. There was severe weather out there, so they carried the warnings. They will always carry severe weather warnings, whether you like it or not. Just relax and be happy that most of the stations in the area have upgraded to carry the warnings and programming in HD and widescreen.

Tivoman44

My response is it is just Pre Season, but I would agree with you if this was Regular Season, but Loadstar is right, they will do it whether we like it or not.

WITI6fan

I believe stations have to air these things because they have to re-transmit activations of the Emergency Alert System. Would you rather they have not aired the ticker and broke into programming to relay the message instead? ;)

skier8734

They do need to air the warnings however, they don't need the map and such, for instance channel 10 just puts a thunderstorm logo in the corner of the screen.

Xizer

If it bothers you so much I would recommend getting a satellite dish so you can pick up national feeds. No affiliate weather garbage :)

WITI6fan

Quote from: skier8734;56139They do need to air the warnings however, they don't need the map and such, for instance channel 10 just puts a thunderstorm logo in the corner of the screen.

Have you seen channel 10 lately? Last I checked they got the same map and ticker system WTMJ has.

Even the PBS station feels like it needs to get in on the weather action around here :rolleyes:.

REVM1M

Quote from: Xizer;56143If it bothers you so much I would recommend getting a satellite dish so you can pick up national feeds. No affiliate weather garbage :)

you can't get national feed with satellite (Directv or Dish). I am glad there are not too many packers game on ch 4 . I just don't like ch4, they always have to say HD at end of each report and specialy that stupid Scott Steele always saying on 7 day forecast "Here is 7 day forecast in 3D HD", it is NOT 3D.

Xizer

Quote from: REVM1M;56148you can't get national feed with satellite (Directv or Dish). I am glad there are not too many packers game on ch 4 . I just don't like ch4, they always have to say HD at end of each report and specialy that stupid Scott Steele always saying on 7 day forecast "Here is 7 day forecast in 3D HD", it is NOT 3D.

Who said anything about DirecTV or DISH Network? They're a disgrace to the satellite industry.

I'm talkin about

REVM1M

Quote from: Xizer;56149Who said anything about DirecTV or DISH Network? They're a disgrace to the satellite industry.

I'm talkin about

why would anybody have that big UGLY thing in their yard

Xizer

So they don't have to have the big UGLY overcompressed affiliate HDTV signals on their TV?

I think it's sexy. Better than a lawn gnome, dog turds, or whatever the **** people put in their yards these days

WITI6fan

Quote from: Xizer;56154So they don't have to have the big UGLY overcompressed affiliate HDTV signals on their TV?

I think it's sexy. Better than a lawn gnome, dog turds, or whatever the **** people put in their yards these days

If this site had a like button, I'd click it for that post. :D

mindmess

Quote from: Xizer;56154So they don't have to have the big UGLY overcompressed affiliate HDTV signals on their TV?

God how I do miss having one of those.