• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Are you ready for 4K?

Started by Bebop, Sunday Jul 11, 2010, 12:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Matt Heebner

it played only okay...kinda of laggy. Obviously i am not seeing the resolution as my monitor maxs out at 1920x1080

murdoc

Bad source of content.  Flash doesn't support GPU acceleration yet, so you're relying on pure CPU processing power.

kevbeck122

^ Flash 10.1 with GPU acceleration was released about a month ago.  

It definitely looks better than the regular HD videos on YouTube.  With my Core i5/Radeon 5770 and Flash 10.1 it's running about 20% or less on all four cores during the video.  YouTube's lack of bandwidth is annoying though; constant starting then pausing unless I pause it and let it fully load.

Xizer

My overclocked Core i7 @ 4 GHz blazes through this thing, no questions asked. But it's a horrible test subject; this bitrate starved piece of crap Google has put out barely even qualifies as HD, let alone "4K".

I recommend something like Crowd.Run.2160p.x264-CtrlHD or Ducks Take Off if you wanna test some real higher end "future-HD" type stuff. It's not 4K but these encodes are 2K, Quad-HD, with an acceptable bit rate (Crowd Run for example has a bitrate of 281 Mbps) {fart}