News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WISN 12 Debuts New Bug

Started by trev57, Thursday Apr 08, 2010, 05:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trev57

WISN debuted a new bug in the lower right hand corner of their newscasts today. It seems smaller than what it was before. It still features the spinning 12, but the bottom bar flips between time, temp, wisn.com, and NEWS. The bottom bar seems easier to read as the text seems larger. Maybe another step towards HD news? Any thoughts?

**UPDATE: Here are some pics below. Sorry for the poor quality, they were taken on my phone.**

[ATTACH]237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]240[/ATTACH]

khafferkamp

that logo bug looks like it is in HD!!!!!! The 3Dness of it looks a little faker though:)

mrschimpf

The "12" logo on the left and the call letters on the right in the pillarboxes were also bumped up quite a bit. The old bug is still on the morning news, but it's getting to be a pretty safe bet that 16:9 preparations are under way.

jjallou

Things must really be slow around here that a new graphic causes such intrigue and speculation.  :rolleyes:

trev57

Quote from: jjallou;55336Things must really be slow around here that a new graphic causes such intrigue and speculation.  :rolleyes:

Well, some of us have been waiting for WISN 12 News to go HD ever since TMJ4 did, and we're looking for any little hint that they might be doing so. Plus, it's something to talk about.

jjallou

Quote from: trev57;55337Well, some of us have been waiting for WISN 12 News to go HD ever since TMJ4 did, and we're looking for any little hint that they might be doing so. Plus, it's something to talk about.

Ever think about just calling them and talk to their engineering department? I really don't think they have to keep things a secret since two stations already went HD. What would the competitive advantage be to keep things quiet?
On air graphics change all the time, it doesn't mean anything is about to change.

Didn't you mention you had a reception issue with 12-1 and you were about to call their engineering dept? Wink...wink. ;)

trev57

Quote from: jjallou;55338Ever think about just calling them and talk to their engineering department? I really don't think they have to keep things a secret since two stations already went HD. What would the competitive advantage be to keep things quiet?
On air graphics change all the time, it doesn't mean anything is about to change.

I've tried to contact them multiple times. I either get no response or no actual answer to my question, so I've pretty much given up on that.

oz

They need to make these transparent.  I was in Las Vegas this week and their HD channels all had subtle and transparent logos. Much classier than a big red HD box (WTMJ) or a spinning channel 12.

gparris

Quote from: oz;55340They need to make these transparent.  I was in Las Vegas this week and their HD channels all had subtle and transparent logos. Much classier than a big red HD box (WTMJ) or a spinning channel 12.

Classier?
In the Milwaukee market, you get what you get, this isn't Las Vegas, but you're right, they need to fine tune their HD act more.;)

WITI6fan

Quote from: jjallou;55336Things must really be slow around here that a new graphic causes such intrigue and speculation.  :rolleyes:

You must never go to //www.tvnewstalk.net then.

Also, their old bug was hugging the 4:3 SD areas too tightly. My SD TV cut off parts of it sometimes.

WITI6fan

High-res before/after caps... It's the same bug...

EDIT: but if you look closely, the IRAD graphic has those safe area elements, and if you look closely there seem to be some that extend into the 16:9 area...

trev57

I guess it looks like they were using the other bug until they moved the original bug into the 4:3 safe area.