News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Newbie Question:Is TWC HD Premium Subscription worth it?

Started by mindseye73, Monday Mar 29, 2010, 05:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindseye73

Hi All,

I will be moving to Milwaukee, next week, so I wanted to know if TWC's HD Premium Subscription is worth it? Currently, only choice i have is TWC as Uverse is not available in the area and sat dish is not allowed.

The plan is to take one of the bundles available which includes Digital Variety, i believe, with addon of Cinemax and Showtime.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

P.D.

Jack 1000

Quote from: mindseye73;55275Hi All,

I will be moving to Milwaukee, next week, so I wanted to know if TWC's HD Premium Subscription is worth it? Currently, only choice i have is TWC as Uverse is not available in the area and sat dish is not allowed.

The plan is to take one of the bundles available which includes Digital Variety, i believe, with addon of Cinemax and Showtime.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

P.D.

In my view,

NEITHER the HD Premium Package OR the Digital Choice Package are worth it.  Only about 5 extra channels on each tier for $5 each extra per month.

The best value is to start with the Digital Variety Package, which is great by itself. You mentioned Cinemax and Showtime, so that's an excellent cable bundle right there.  Are you going to be an "All in One" Subscriber with Digital Phone, Digital Cable, and Road Runner High Speed Internet or just cable?  TWC is very good at giving out discount packages especially for new subs.  You have a lot of good options.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

mindseye73

Quote from: Jack 1000;55276In my view,

NEITHER the HD Premium Package OR the Digital Choice Package are worth it.  Only about 5 extra channels on each tier for $5 each extra per month.

The best value is to start with the Digital Variety Package, which is great by itself. You mentioned Cinemax and Showtime, so that's an excellent cable bundle right there.  Are you going to be an "All in One" Subscriber with Digital Phone, Digital Cable, and Road Runner High Speed Internet or just cable?  TWC is very good at giving out discount packages especially for new subs.  You have a lot of good options.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

I will be going for Bundle but with Cable and Internet(2 Mbps)only. Not sure, 7mbps speed for Internet is worth it.

P.D.

duncantuna

Quote from: mindseye73;55279Thanks Jack,

I will be going for Bundle but with Cable and Internet(2 Mbps)only. Not sure, 7mbps speed for Internet is worth it.

P.D.

2 Mbps down is PLENTY.   I am not kidding.

My company, with 80 (yes, eighty) internet users share one T1 line, which is 1.5M.    Imagine that?  80 people sharing that pipe?  IT WORKS FINE.

Looking at the 15 second graph, our connection is rarely maxed out.  Sure, if you're downloading something enormous, it takes longer.  So what.  Ask yourself what you'd pay to save 2 minutes on a huge download every so often.  

Generally, you will almost NEVER notice a difference using RR's "lite" tier.   And don't let your kid (if you have any) talk you into more bandwidth.   Games will play just fine.

SAVE YOUR MONEY.   99% of websurfing is done below those speeds.

leprechaunshawn

Quote from: mindseye73;55275Hi All,

Currently, only choice i have is TWC as Uverse is not available in the area and sat dish is not allowed.

Wher are you moving to that satellite is not allowed?  I'm pretty sure the FCC has regulations in place that prevent a landlord or owners association from dis-allowing satellite dishes.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html