• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Time Warner Problem Count Thread

Started by WITI6fan, Tuesday Mar 23, 2010, 04:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITI6fan

Let's start a thread tallying up each Time Warner problem. There seems to be many of them as of late.

Right now, after a good 45 minutes of every channel (save for PEG channels) being frozen, and another 15 minutes of every channel (INCLUDING PEG channels) being static-y and looking bad, most channels seem to be back, BUT ON THE WRONG LINEUP. I live in one of the areas lucky enough to have Chicago locals on cable, and they're all gone. WBBM is now TV Guide, WMAQ is now WDJT, WLS is now WMLW, WGN is now WGN America, and WFLD is just out.

:mad::mad::mad:

Jack 1000

Quote from: WITI6fan;55227Let's start a thread tallying up each Time Warner problem. There seems to be many of them as of late.

Right now, after a good 45 minutes of every channel (save for PEG channels) being frozen, and another 15 minutes of every channel (INCLUDING PEG channels) being static-y and looking bad, most channels seem to be back, BUT ON THE WRONG LINEUP. I live in one of the areas lucky enough to have Chicago locals on cable, and they're all gone. WBBM is now TV Guide, WMAQ is now WDJT, WLS is now WMLW, WGN is now WGN America, and WFLD is just out.

:mad::mad::mad:

Well,

I don't know if starting up a thread for each problem would help find answers.  There might be a lot of duplicate threads! LOL!

Are you in the Northern part of Wisconsin and do you have the new Guide. (Navigator?)  If so, this may be a reason for the channel issues and pixiation.  Another is that when TWC adds or updates the system, customers may experience these types of issues from anywhere to 6-24 hours on certain stations.

In most cases, this is an issue that should resolve on its own.  How long have you been having this problem?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

WITI6fan

Quote from: Jack 1000;55228Well,

I don't know if starting up a thread for each problem would help find answers.  There might be a lot of duplicate threads! LOL!

Haha! That's actually why I started this thread! Now we can post TWC problems in one place!

And no, I'm in southeastern WI, that's why I get the Chicago locals too. :)

Klankster

Most of my SDV channels have been gone all day today.  I called and they have a recording saying there is an outage.  Whee.

Danno321

Phone support line is busy and chat is support is clogged.   I am on the Eastside and ****ed.   Moving to SDV was supposed to make TWC programming more reliable.  But it seems to be the opposite.  I started a thread in "Technical" too.

DXer720

Here in Lake Geneva, (where we get Chicago as well) they seem to have gone to the Milwaukee channel line-up on the analog 2-99 channels.  

I, too experienced signal problems from about 4pm-6pm on both the digital box & a bedroom set that's connected to analog TWC.  For a time, I lost phone & Internet as well.  

When everything came back, the analog channels were switched to the Milwaukee line-up, (according to the TV Guide Channel) & by scanning through the channels on the set itself.  

On the digital side (8300HDC box), the electronic on-screen guide still reflected the correct (Lake Geneva) channel line-up.  When I tried to tune to a Chicago channel, I got nothing but a black screen.  When I tuned to channel 99 digital, I got the TV Guide Channel that reflected the Milwaukee channel line-up.  

I did see 2 TWC trucks nearby, so I'm thinking that something major happened, & they put us on the Milwaukee feed & will return us to our southeastern Wisconsin feed when, whatever it is, can be repaired.

If they cut all the Chicago stations, there shouldn've bee some notice.  Here, there would be such a large outcry that they would face a mass cancellation, since a good percent of the customers have some Chicago interest.

Just a thought.

gparris

Quote from: DXer720;55234Here in Lake Geneva, (where we get Chicago as well) they seem to have gone to the Milwaukee channel line-up on the analog 2-99 channels.  

I, too experienced signal problems from about 4pm-6pm on both the digital box & a bedroom set that's connected to analog TWC.  For a time, I lost phone & Internet as well.  

When everything came back, the analog channels were switched to the Milwaukee line-up, (according to the TV Guide Channel) & by scanning through the channels on the set itself.  

On the digital side (8300HDC box), the electronic on-screen guide still reflected the correct (Lake Geneva) channel line-up.  When I tried to tune to a Chicago channel, I got nothing but a black screen.  When I tuned to channel 99 digital, I got the TV Guide Channel that reflected the Milwaukee channel line-up.  

I did see 2 TWC trucks nearby, so I'm thinking that something major happened, & they put us on the Milwaukee feed & will return us to our southeastern Wisconsin feed when, whatever it is, can be repaired.

If they cut all the Chicago stations, there shouldn've bee some notice.  Here, there would be such a large outcry that they would face a mass cancellation, since a good percent of the customers have some Chicago interest.

Just a thought.

No, no, no...I close by in the Lake Geneva area and all the HD channels are out except the local HD broadcast channels and the following:
1201 through 1205
1604 HBO East HD only
1642 SHO East HD only
all other HD channels when you click on them for a half second show the following:
"Please wait" with the yellow A triangle to press and then it disappears, leaving you with nothing but the waiting, then nothing happens.

TWC Wisconsin: You must have hit the jackpot in SDV screwups.
Whatever you just experimented with just killed off the whole system.
Now, TWC, tell me how god-awful satellite is with "rainfade", because if this was "rainfade" (for this long), we'd be building Arks like Noah...:mad:

Klankster

Quote from: gparris;55239Now, TWC, tell me how god-awful satellite is with "rainfade", because if this was "rainfade" (for this long), we'd be building Arks like Noah...:mad:
Haha!!  Good one.

When DirecTV comes out with their new Tivo box, I'm punting TWC so fast it'll make your head spin.  I have a Series3 Tivo that, with TWC's craptacular "tuning adapter" drops out signal far more often than ever happened when I was on DirecTV.

I pay an awful lot for my cable TV service, and this kind of thing (where there is no mention of the problem or an ETA on a fix on their website) really ticks me off.

nwerner

As I mentioned in the Goodbye TWC thread, this is why I am not interested in dropping D* at this time.  Sure, we get rain fade 3-5 times a year for 5-10 mins but nothing like these pixelations, odulations, and other kinds of lations as of late from TWC.

Jack 1000

You all should call TWC and/or send Customer Feedback, requesting that they add a "Service Outage" page to their website. It would really help customers to see whether or not the issue was with their equipment or on TWC's outside system. If they get enough requests, they just might do this!

Make sure you all get credits for loss of service after it is restored.

Jack

DXer720

Thank you for so nastily pointing out the HD aspect of the problem.  The reason why I didn't mention HD, is because witi6fan's post was mainly concerned with the fact that his/her channel line-up was wrong & it no longer included the Chicago channels.  None of the Chicago stations are carried in HD by TWC Wisconsin anyway.  

Sorry, also for this loudmouthed reply.

Quote from: gparris;55239No, no, no...I close by in the Lake Geneva area and all the HD channels are out except the local HD broadcast channels and the following:
1201 through 1205
1604 HBO East HD only
1642 SHO East HD only
all other HD channels when you click on them for a half second show the following:
"Please wait" with the yellow A triangle to press and then it disappears, leaving you with nothing but the waiting, then nothing happens.

TWC Wisconsin: You must have hit the jackpot in SDV screwups.
Whatever you just experimented with just killed off the whole system.
Now, TWC, tell me how god-awful satellite is with "rainfade", because if this was "rainfade" (for this long), we'd be building Arks like Noah...:mad:

DXer720

Good new Chicago lovers:  At least here in Lake Geneva, the Chicago stations have returned.  

TWC must have had something big crash, & they put us on the Milwaukee feed because they knew it would take a long time to fix.  They wanted us to have something to watch, rather than many more hours of no service.  Gotta give them credit for that at least.

gparris

Just checked and the HD channels are all working again, I have most of the HD channels in my subscription and spot checks showed HD channels coming on like nothing ever happened, at least for right now.;)

Whatever happened, TWC, please don't do that again, okay?:huh?:

Jack 1000

It sounds like they updated something that went very wrong.  What I don't know is what it was.  If they "fixed" it, did they apply the update, or did they go back to the way it was before?

There's a couple more HD's coming out.  That is really something with their work on this!  Maybe someone can find out what they did two days ago?

Jack

gparris

Jack 1000, it rare, if ever, that TWC will tell subs what happens or happened with their system, as in this case, there was no warning, no emails, no anything to let us know about the service disruption happening or what to do about it, if anything.

I would like to know if this is going to go on any longer so I can tell HT clients which way to go for service providers if they have a choice, like they do in some areas to go U-Verse, TWC or either of the two sat providers.

Service is what is being sold, nothing else and if the service is bad or getting worse, then its time to go elsewhere, if possible.:D