News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

The Weather Channel Using more of the screen

Started by khafferkamp, Sunday Mar 14, 2010, 05:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khafferkamp

I didnt think it was possible but the weather channel is now using even more of the HD and standard def screens anyone have an opinion

trev57

OMFG! I can't comment on the HD channel since Charter doesn't have it, but they're using the bottom 1/3 of the screen for the current conditions bull. And as far as I can tell, it's mostly so they can put a radar on the bottom.:bang:

Bigdog

One thing I wondered about Weather Channel HD is why they don't have local on the 8's like the standard channel has.

WITI6fan

Quote from: Bigdog;55203One thing I wondered about Weather Channel HD is why they don't have local on the 8's like the standard channel has.

This has to do with how the Local insert is generated. As of right now, the only area with HD Local on the 8's is New York City, and that system is obviously a beta system.

Jack 1000

Quote from: WITI6fan;55212This has to do with how the Local insert is generated. As of right now, the only area with HD Local on the 8's is New York City, and that system is obviously a beta system.

Each community head end in the city (a.k.a a "node") has to be updated through the local cable system to receive the local HD "On the 8th" weather information.  This probably won't happen in Wisconsin for TWC/Charter for awhile.

Until that time, the national forecasts are shown as they are now presented.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

uwgrad

I wonder why they don't just patch in the SD Local on the 8's on the HD channel.  I would think that although not as nice as having it in HD, it would at least be preferable compared to being stuck with the national loop which is basically what normal airtime is filled with anyways.

Bigdog

Thanks for the info on why TWC-HD doesn't have Local on the 8's.  I guess the same would apply if getting TWC off a dish as well?