• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Uverse Customer Support Has Gone Downhill

Started by Mrtanner, Monday Mar 08, 2010, 08:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrtanner

When I first switched to Uverse about three years ago, I was blown away by the great customer service.  It was a breath of fresh-air compared to TWC.

My, how times have changed.  They can't keep my wireless internet up for more than fifteen minutes at a time and offer no timeslots for someone who works from 8 to 5.  (My options were, 8am to Noon, Noon to 4, or 4 to 9pm.  When I explained that I worked from 8 and didn't get home until 5:30 on weekdays, the response I got was, "I am unable to change the timeslots."

It's been three years since I left TWC.  Has there customer service improved any?  (I don't think it could have gotten worse.)

Jack 1000

We have always had a great track record with TWC.  Maybe five calls in almost 25 YEARS since we had cable, and two of them were to replace buggy boxes.  We had our Digital Phone go out once, and the guy, (an in-houe tech, not an independent contractor) was here with a couple of hours, replaced the line and everything was fine.

In those 20 years, we only had one or maybe two guys who were stupid.  I have heard both great and horror stories about TWC customer support, but for us, it was very good.

The only thing was that once one of the stupid guys accidentally took our coax cables for our DVD player when he gave us a new box, but than when we called to get Wireless Internet installed, we told the guy about the cables, and he just went out to the truck, got new ones, and hooked them up for us, which was cool.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Tivoman44

I can't speak for Uverse but I think TWC has gotten way better in customer service.  I remember 3 years ago in March 2007 when I went through 4 cable boxes in two weeks.  It was when I moved and the first box was the older type scientific box where it only had a red dot to show that something was recording.  That seemed to fail and then a tech brought the newer silver box that is the current one.  The software at the office wasn't allowing it to activate, but went through another box before the fourth times the charm worked.  During this i remember staying on hold for 3 hours (no joke) while my cell phone was on speaker waiting only for the rep to be useless.  This was about 6 months before Uverse coming to the area.  

Competition is great and i only wish WI had passed the cable competition bill a few years ago where a company has to get one single franchise license through the state rather than each city, village, and township.  Imagine being able to choose between Uverse, Verizon, Charter, TWC, comcast, cox media, and of course Dish and Direct TV as we can now.  TWC would cave to the NFL for the network, and they would run specials, discounts to HBO, free DVR, and customer service and response time would get even better.

Northern Fringe

Quote from: Tivoman44;55114Competition is great and i only wish WI had passed the cable competition bill a few years ago

Wisconsin DID pass the cable competition bill 2 years ago and all video providers are licensed on a state-wide basis.  Hard to tell, though... bills have gone up and certain channels/services aren't available on all systems.  I think cable operators (Charter, TWC) have an agreement to not build out over each other's territories.