News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 Off the air?

Started by tbarney, Tuesday Jan 12, 2010, 06:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbarney

Fox 6 went out on Dish Network about 10 minutes ago, SD and HD channels. I checked OTA for 6.1 and 6.2 and I get nothing as well. Let me tell you, the wife is going to be really upset if she misses Idol.

gb4fan92

out on Directv as well. :bang::bang::bang:

tbarney

Just came back OTA, but still nothing on the Dish Network SD or HD channels except their music and some techincal difficulty screen.

tbarney

Now back on Dish Net, just in the nick of time. ;)

techguy1975

Looks like they had a small glitch with their transmitter...according to Ted Perry's twitter post.   Murphy's Law rears its ugly head again...

troyriley

I was wondering why it was out on WMIL-HD3 as I drove home from work. At the time I thought it was just a problem with the HD radio feed. It was also back on the radio before Idol began.

beeper

For some reason, when Fox 6 goes off air, some OTA tuners are adversely affected until rescanned. Other local channels have gone off the air, but I have not noticed any adverse effects, once they resumed.

Yesterday, one tuner I have had the channel remaining on the channel list with a signal, but no picture or sound until I rescanned.

One tuner completely dumped the channel from the channel list, and when powered on, gave the message that a new channel (33) was added. 33 is Fox 6's real channel number.

Completely loosing Fox 6 from a tuners channel list has happened before with a third tuner that I set up at a friend's home.

Tivoman44

I noticed that same thing.  It went out during the news and all of Seinfeld.  At first I thought it was my Tivo receiving the signal.  I grabbed the TV remote to change the input to the TV directly and still nothing.  I checked the other TVs and the converter boxes weren't picking 6 up either but I noticed it was back on during Idol.

Chuck from FOX

Power surge at the transmitter - back on at 6:58pm....believe me, we were well aware that Idol was coming up.

C.

LoadStar

Quote from: Chuck from FOX;54582Power surge at the transmitter - back on at 6:58pm....believe me, we were well aware that Idol was coming up.

C.

LOL... I would've loved to be a fly on the wall in that room while that was going on. :)

foxeng

Quote from: LoadStar;54583LOL... I would've loved to be a fly on the wall in that room while that was going on. :)

No you don't. It is too much like watching hot dogs being made.

LoadStar

Quote from: foxeng;54584No you don't. It is too much like watching hot dogs being made.

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.