• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Green Bay Packers Equip New Lambeau Field Facility With 25 Panasonic 42" Plasma Displ

Started by Gregg Lengling, Monday Nov 04, 2002, 03:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

SECAUCUS, N.J., Nov. 01, 2002 -- The National Football League's Green Bay Packers recently purchased 25 Panasonic 42" diagonal TH-42PWD4UY Plasma Displays to equip coaches' offices, conference and meetings rooms in its new Lambeau Field facility in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Fifteen of the plasmas are assigned to the team's coaches for reviewing game and practice analysis video.

The TH-42PWD4UY features a 3000:1 contrast ratio and enhanced systems integration capabilities. The flat-screen display features a Real Black Drive System to produce deeper, richer blacks, contributing to the display's contrast ratio and allowing it to deliver crisper, more colorful images.

Bob Eckberg, the Packers' Video Director, said, "Watching football in 16:9 is a perfect application for the plasma screen. In our former facility, our coaches were reviewing video on projection systems in their 12' by 16' offices, and they couldn't get far enough back to see properly. The images were larger than they needed, and too diffused."

He continued, "I'd had my eye on earlier generations of plasma displays, and thought that Panasonic's models were head and shoulders over other offerings. Originally, I placed an order for three displays for the old facility. The coaches were totally impressed, and everyone wanted one. By the time we made the larger purchase last June, the prices were roughly equivalent to projection systems, so we felt the plasma displays were cost-effective as well as technically superior.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Matt Heebner

Yes, but are the displays enhanced (480p) definition, or high definition(1080i)?

Matt