News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC SD recording wrong channel

Started by DXer720, Sunday Dec 06, 2009, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DXer720

I know that most people on this board have HD-related questions, but I can't think of anywhere to go for help.

I'm in Lake Geneva & have TWC HD in the living room from an 8300HDC DVR box.  As you can see from an earlier post, I've had issues with it, but that's beside the point.

I also have an SD set in the bedroom using another 8300HDC DVR.  I've had a problem with it ever since the digital channel re-organization in mid-October.  

When I set the DVR to record on a new digital channel (201 for example), it records the analog channel (in this case 34) instead.  I have no problem recording a digital channel that has no analog equivalent, though.  The correct program is recorded, but it looks analog (not as sharp).  The bedroom box is set to 480i of course.

I tried this in the living room with the same results.  Setting to record on 130 gets a recording on 41.

I also have no problem recording the HD channels in the living room & getting an HD recording.

Since this has happened with 3 (2 in the bedroom & the one in the living room) boxes, I assume that there is a software issue.

TWC Customer no-service thinks I'm off my rocker.  I did get them to send a tech out, I showed him the problem, he'd never seen it before & swapped out the box.  Yet the issue remains.  

I'm getting bugged because I'm paying for "digital" service & not being able to record it.  If that's all that TWC can deliver, I should go back to my VCR.  At least I know what to expect & that it will work.

Jack 1000

It's not just you and it's not your box!

I had the same problem.  But it only seems to happen on certain channels and not all the time.  Most often it is with TV Land, but here is the thing:

If I have set TV Land to record, BOTH the analog channel 61 AND the Digital Channel 114 are set to record and it always records, BUT it picks up whatever channel number is assigned to the station in Category or Keyboard Searches.

Sometimes that channel will be 61 and sometimes it will be 114!

Oh, and if you record something on Boomerang which is in the Kids and Family Category on channel 109 and also on 875 on Family Choice, which I don't subscribe to, but get some of the channels in it, when you search for that show, it ALWAYS says that program content for Boomerang is on 875.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide