• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New TWC HD Channels in Test Mode!!!

Started by Jack 1000, Wednesday Nov 04, 2009, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;54087They worked for me last night and this morning.  There might be some brief moments for the first couple of days of channel not available bugs until they downloaded are into all service nods.  But at least for my box, they came in and they all look great!!!

Jack

Nope, nada, nothing for several now, at least in "test mode" these were available.:bang:

-This SDV thing only works so far and then (you wish you had some other provider).

I'll wait until tomorrow night to see if TWC has its act together:confused:

gparris

Formerly added channels like HLN HD and so on are now not coming in, On-Demand channels are not working (those you pay extra for).
Rebooting the box (unplug and wait, then replug) works (most of the time), but does TWC tell subscribers this during their additions along with the hoopla of adding notices?

No...:(

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;54107Formerly added channels like HLN HD and so on are now not coming in, On-Demand channels are not working (those you pay extra for).
Rebooting the box (unplug and wait, then replug) works (most of the time), but does TWC tell subscribers this during their additions along with the hoopla of adding notices?

No...:(

GP,

Did rebooting work for you?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;54109GP,

Jack

Yes, but during a recording on one HD channel, as I was watching a programme in HD that I had recorded, it locked up and I had to do another hard reboot once again, messing up the HD recording that I had in progress. :bang:

I know TWC is trying to add more HD channels, that is appreciated, but when they messup accessing the existing already-added HD channels, including the On-Demand channels (in SD and HD) to add more, it is very frustrating.:rolleyes:

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;53882Those channels are active now.

Jack

Yes, but during a recording on one HD channel, as I was watching a program in HD that I had recorded, the DVR locked up and I had to do another hard reboot once again, messing up the HD recording that I had in progress.:bang:

Now, I know TWC is trying to add more HD channels, that is appreciated, but when they messup accessing the existing already-added HD channels, including the On-Demand channels (in SD and HD) to add more, it is very frustrating.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking TWC could make some money off an extension cord with a switch on it like I am getting (or some other configuration)  so I don't have to dig around the back of my HT setup to hard boot it everytime they update the boxes or programming to make the boxes work once again.;)

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;54109GP,

Jack

Yes, but during a recording on one HD channel, as I was watching a program in HD that I had recorded, the DVR locked up and I had to do another hard reboot once again, messing up the HD recording that I had in progress.

Now, I know TWC is trying to add more HD channels, that is appreciated, but when they messup access to the existing already-added HD channels, including the On-Demand channels (in SD and HD) to add more, it is very frustrating.

I'm thinking TWC could make some money off an extension cord with a switch on it like I am getting (or some other configuration) so I don't have to dig around the back of my HT setup to hard boot it everytime they update the boxes or programming to make them work once again to access the new and even the existing HD channels.

EDIT: Menards has a 15 foot extension cord with a convenient off/on clicker light-type switch you can tape down if necessary to the box for under $8-got one!

klwillis45

My SA8300 can be rebooted by holding volume+ & volume-, then pressing info.

gparris

Quote from: klwillis45;54142My SA8300 can be rebooted by holding volume+ & volume-, then pressing info.

Yes, that can work, but the other family members in my house won't remember that, the switch is a no-brainer for them.:D

gparris

The new HD channels became "not available, A button, etc." once again last night, Sunday, after I had done an HD recorded playback around 10 pm...grrr:bang:
I had lost patience so late in the evening that I didn't feel the need to reboot the box once again, so I turned it off.

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;54164The new HD channels became "not available, A button, etc." once again last night, Sunday, after I had done an HD recorded playback around 10 pm...grrr:bang:
I had lost patience so late in the evening that I didn't feel the need to reboot the box once again, so I turned it off.

That sucks!  I know they had some signal problems because of the weather and they are working on the last of the HD Channel acquisitions for the year.  (Still placeholders at last night's check on the 1900 test mode stations.)  How does it look today for you?  I am not near my TV at the moment.

Jack

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;54198That sucks!  I know they had some signal problems because of the weather and they are working on the last of the HD Channel acquisitions for the year.  (Still placeholders at last night's check on the 1900 test mode stations.)  How does it look today for you?  I am not near my TV at the moment.

Jack

It will still do this, but you have to be on a newly-added HD channel, like the Weather Channel HD
Often I will be watching it and when just one HD show is starting to record, the newer HD channel gets kicked off, leaving the power-on channel or some other channel, if changed since that time, to be the alternate HD channel, but not the newly-added HD channel ones.:(

The placeholders are just that...placeholders...for now.:D

JeffreyC2007

These channels are currently in test mode in the 1900's

Showtime 2 HD
TMC HD
CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD
FUSE HD
QVCHD
ENCORE HD
HBO 2 HD
HBO FAMILY HD
MOREMAX HD
ACTIONMAX HD
TENNIS HD

Jack 1000

Quote from: JeffreyC2007;54262These channels are currently in test mode in the 1900's

Showtime 2 HD
TMC HD
CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD
FUSE HD
QVCHD
ENCORE HD
HBO 2 HD
HBO FAMILY HD
MOREMAX HD
ACTIONMAX HD
TENNIS HD

Jeff,

Are they all coming in?  Because for the last couple days the only ones that had video were Fuse and QVC.  However, the placeholders are in effect for all those channels.  Expect them to move to their regular positions, (found by adding a "1" to their Standard Definition equivalent station, ) about one week (or less) from the time that video is available on all of them.

Jack

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;54263Jeff,

Are they all coming in?  Because for the last couple days the only ones that had video were Fuse and QVC.  However, the placeholders are in effect for all those channels.  Expect them to move to their regular positions, (found by adding a "1" to their Standard Definition equivalent station, ) about one week (or less) from the time that video is available on all of them.

Jack

No, these are not coming in, these are still in placeholder mode, exception being the FuseHD and QVCHD, maybe JeffreyC2007 has not been reading all the responses in this thread as completely as he should.:blush:

JeffreyC2007

Quote from: gparris;54264No, these are not coming in, these are still in placeholder mode, exception being the FuseHD and QVCHD, maybe JeffreyC2007 has not been reading all the responses in this thread as completely as he should.:blush:

umm never said they were coming in...i was just simply listing the channels in placeholder mode....problem?