News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HDTV "Game Mode" with Receiver

Started by RonH, Saturday Oct 31, 2009, 04:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonH

Currently I don't use my old 2 channel receiver for processing audio.  My PS3 and my directv box go via HDMI into the TV directly and the send audio out from the TV via RCA cables.  Old school I know.

When I am using the PS3, that input has its own settings, and thus I have it set to "game mode".  This is a mode on my Kuro which eliminates most of the processing so that there is nearly zero input lag for the picture.  This makes for good video game playing with games that require good hand eye coordination.  When I'm watching directV, I don't use game mode, I use some "Cinema blah blah" mode or something instead.

I'm getting a new Pioneer receiver and then I assume everything will run straight into the receiver rather than the TV.  This way I will be able to get surround via HDMI from both the directv box and the ps3.

However then my TV will stay on the same input all the time, and thus when I want to play with the ps3, I will have to go in and manually change from "Cinema" to "Game" each time?  Are A/V receivers (especially when both are Pioneer brand) smarter these days and there's a way to assign the inputs and send that info to the TV?  I did read the HDMI output from the Pioneer receiver is "Assignable 1-3" but I don't know what that means.

Any technical info you have would be great!