News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Ready For Winter -- I Think

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Thursday Oct 29, 2009, 02:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

Last winter, due both to the frequency of snow and various weather conditions, I visited my DirecTV dish a number of times to remove snow -- trekking one hundred feet through snow that was often deep.  Not this year -- maybe.  I now have a "Hot Shot" dish heater installed on the back side of the dish, complete with a thermostat and an indoor 26V power supply.  In theory, that should do the job, but because the t-stat is sealed, I won't know until we get get a good cold day plus snow, both of which I can wait for.

So, in addition to gas and Sta-Bil for the snowblower, driveway markers, and drained water lines, I've got another winter-grade tool in the arsenal.

Stan

Bebop

For all your efforts, we are probably going get a warm and dry Winter. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: Bebop;53831For all your efforts, we are probably going get a warm and dry Winter. :)

The year I replaced two snow blowers 'cause the old ones were getting quite ratty, we had almost no snow the entire winter.

Still, since I rent apartments and supply (and pay for) gas heat and plowing, if I could keep the snow out West, I'd buy a dish heater a year.

Stan