• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tuning Adaptor Problem??

Started by Tivoman44, Wednesday Oct 21, 2009, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

I came home today and was watching some recorded programs to find that the programs were clipped, then I realized my tuning adaptor light was blinking, which the techs what installed it back in March said the light should remain on.  I tried unplugging the TA a few times then plugging it back on, which the tivo menu would pop up saying how a TA is detected, continue, test, etc.  The light seemed to continue to blink.  I even restarted my tivo and unplugged my tuning adaptor, then once the reboot of the tivo was done, replugged the tuning adaptor back in and it said it detected it continue but the light is still blinking.  The broadcast HD channels work along with ESPN, TNT, but none of the SDV channels like TBSHD or ESPN2 HD or CNNHD work.  Any ideas what is going on?  Did the TA update itself?

LoadStar

Probably not. I'd try unplugging the power to it, power down the TiVo, wait a few moments, power on the tuning adapter, wait a bit longer, then start up the TiVo.

Tivoman44

I tried unplugging the TA and then replugging it in after a few moments, even restarting Tivo, but the light still blinks.  Any other suggestions before calling TWC.

Danno321

Mine is now blinking 8 times then pause then another 8 times repeat.  Called TWC and tech visiting Sunday.   I recently installed Coax MoCA network adapters with no problems for over a week so I don't think that caused the problem

Equipment: Moxi DVR, Cablcard, Cisco SDV Adapter, Netgear MCA1001 MoCA Coax Adapter.

LoadStar

Quote from: Danno321;54950Mine is now blinking 8 times then pause then another 8 times repeat.  Called TWC and tech visiting Sunday.   I recently installed Coax MoCA network adapters with no problems for over a week so I don't think that caused the problem

Equipment: Moxi DVR, Cablcard, Cisco SDV Adapter, Netgear MCA1001 MoCA Coax Adapter.

Just call up Time Warner and describe the problem. They should bounce you to tier three.... they'll send a hit to the box, and that should fix the issue.

Danno321

the person I talked to said that if she did that I might lose more channels so I said send the tech.  But I will call back and give it a try for Level 3 as I don't like waiting around for the cable guy.

OlsonNet

Yeah just call the main number and when they answer say you need to speak to someone in tier 3 support about a cable card issue. Every time I've done it they've transfered me over with no questions asked. They'll send the signal, have you reboot the TA and TiVo and everything should work.

Danno321

Called and all is fixed after a couple equipment reboots.