News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New TWC lineup and Tivo

Started by Tivoman44, Thursday Oct 15, 2009, 05:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

Being a Tivo Series 3 user I am not sure how to update the guide to the new TWC lineup.  I reran the setup guide and it supposedly downloaded it and installed it supposedly but it still shows for example 505 as CBS 58.  Please help.

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;53729Being a Tivo Series 3 user I am not sure how to update the guide to the new TWC lineup.  I reran the setup guide and it supposedly downloaded it and installed it supposedly but it still shows for example 505 as CBS 58.  Please help.

If you "repeat guided setup," it SHOULD correct itself. Also make sure and fully reboot your tuning adapter, if you have one.

Pay attention to the step that switches to various channels and asks you what is on them. On mine, IIRC, it switched to channel 11 and asked me if "C-SPAN," "Univision" or "none of the above" are on. It then double checked if Time Warner Cable was correct, then switched to Channel 8, and one of the choices was Univision, which indicated it had grabbed the correct lineup.

Tivoman44

Thanks, that will help a lot.

What about Season Passes, if I had one for Two and a Half Men on 505, will that transfer to the 1005 or will I have to do it again?

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;53732Thanks, that will help a lot.

What about Season Passes, if I had one for Two and a Half Men on 505, will that transfer to the 1005 or will I have to do it again?

Yes, it will update itself. It won't appear to do so for several hours after redoing guided setup, but it will eventually.

Tivoman44

Yes it did.  Thanks for your help.  

One more question.  When I ran my set up it asked me if either TWC or AT&T Uverse was my provider.  I thought Uverse doesn't work with Tivo, have they figured out a way to allow it to?

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;53738Yes it did.  Thanks for your help.  

One more question.  When I ran my set up it asked me if either TWC or AT&T Uverse was my provider.  I thought Uverse doesn't work with Tivo, have they figured out a way to allow it to?

Not with a S3 or HD. However, the lineup still exists out there for S2 and S1 units, slaved to a set-top box via IR blasters.

skydivingnerd

We had the same problem redoing the channel scan on our Tivo with Time Warner in Milwaukee but I figured out what the problem was.

I *thought* nothing under Channel 100 changed but that's not the case.  When it asked me what was on Ch 8 I selected CSPAN and Univision on Ch 11.

Come to find out Univision is now on Channel 8 and CNN HLN is now on Channel 11.

Once I selected the proper channels the guide updated fine.

Note that the 'Preparing' step takes a LOOOONG time.

Tivoman44

Yes your right.  I thought CSPAN was Channel 8 as well, and HLN is now 11, and Ch 45 is now Oxygen.  

Also is there anyway that on demand would ever work with Tivo Series 3 or the XL?

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;53750Yes your right.  I thought CSPAN was Channel 8 as well, and HLN is now 11, and Ch 45 is now Oxygen.  

Also is there anyway that on demand would ever work with Tivo Series 3 or the XL?

No. TiVo has said that they are working on developing a tru2way compatible TiVo, but no formal announcements yet. That's about the only thing that would allow TiVo to tune in OnDemand stuff.