News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Wfld Chicago , IL -Bears Games in Milwaukee

Started by tommyinajar, Sunday Sep 27, 2009, 04:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyinajar

Hi- I'm in SE Oak Creek a mile off of the lake. Is there any way I can get WFLD or any other Chicago stations in with any quality ? I remember years ago pulling in WGN I think with a B&W TV.

If it's possible, what kind of antenna would I need  ? We are on top of a big hill with an unobstructed view due south.

Blitzburgh

Quote from: tommyinajar;53599Hi- I'm in SE Oak Creek a mile off of the lake. Is there any way I can get WFLD or any other Chicago stations in with any quality ? I remember years ago pulling in WGN I think with a B&W TV.

If it's possible, what kind of antenna would I need  ? We are on top of a big hill with an unobstructed view due south.

Easily with an OTA antenna.

AA9VI

Quote from: tommyinajar;53599Hi- I'm in SE Oak Creek a mile off of the lake. Is there any way I can get WFLD or any other Chicago stations in with any quality ? I remember years ago pulling in WGN I think with a B&W TV.

Sure.  If I can get the Packer games on WITI from Milwaukee and I'm in north suburban Chi., no problem for you.  WFLD's antenna is on the Sears, much higher than WITI.  It should not be a problem at all.  Get a nice outdoor antenna (CM2020 or CM3018), a Channel Master 7777 preamp, and some nice RG6 QS coax and you'll be fine.  20-30' up should work.

AndrewP

You will get WFLD easy.
I recommend AntetennaDirect x81 and Channel Master 4228.

Blitzburgh

I have one of these (Channel Master 4228) in my attic that has never been used.

It is mounted but never hooked up as I had to use my cable going from my attic to my basement for a cell phone repeater.

If you are interested send me a PM and we can discuss. IT goes for $100 if you buy it online.

troyriley

Put a rotor on the antenna and aim east towards Grand Rapids for Lions games, or southeast towards South Bend for Colts games. You may not always get Chicago, Grand Rapids, or South Bend, but antennas are great during football season when distant stations do come in. The only problem with South Bend is that their Fox and CBS affiliates are broadcast on RF 22 and 28, the same frequencies used by WVCY and WTMJ here in Milwaukee.

AA9VI

Yes, very cool.  Go to the506.com to get maps where each game is televised.

Nice to see the Bears/Colts/Packers games in HD picture in picture.  Plus, sometimes MIL shows the early game, while Chicago show the late game and vise-versa.  Go to the website to check it all out.