• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

wtmj 4 cant get hd satellite feed

Started by TAS, Saturday Aug 22, 2009, 07:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bschlafer

At least the commercials are in HD.  :rolleyes:

I find it a little fishy that other NBC affiliates don't seem to have any problem picking up the HD feed.  Maybe TMJ should run a cable down the street to the local bar with a sat dish.

*Bill

BTW: it's pre-season in the NFL, don't get too exicted.  Although the Pack look sharp tonight, these games mean absolutely nothing.  For example, the Lions won all their pre-season games in 2008, and didn't win another one all year.

WITI6fan

RLJSlick

Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

Bebop

I don't know what's worst, SD or over compression from the sub channels.?  :(

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

beeper

Quote from: Bebop;53202I don't know what's worst, SD or over compression from the sub channels.?  :(

Stretched SD (like last Saturdays GB broadcast) is worse, without a doubt.
Absolutely no comparison to the previous Saturdays broadcast in HD.

Maybe you need to update your equipment, so you can see the difference? :(

Bebop

Quote from: beeper;53252Stretched SD (like last Saturdays GB broadcast) is worse, without a doubt.
Absolutely no comparison to the previous Saturdays broadcast in HD.

Maybe you need to update your equipment, so you can see the difference? :(

No need, it's the lesser of two evils.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Bebop

Actually, I prefer SD. At least the picture quality is constant. Over compressed signal turns the picture into an 8-bit video game when actions kick in. It's fine for soap operas, but not for sports.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

beeper

Quote from: Bebop;53260Actually, I prefer SD. At least the picture quality is constant. Over compressed signal turns the picture into an 8-bit video game when actions kick in. It's fine for soap operas, but not for sports.

Other than analog channels 41 & 63 where do you find OTA SD that doesn't have the same digital anomalies as HD? Most notably macroblocking introduced for various reasons.

AA9VI

Quote from: TAS;53195The game is produced in HD and it is in HD.  I am watching it in HD from Madison WKOW 27.  It is also in HD from WFRV 5 in Green bay if you live to the north.  Heck it is even HD up in upper michigan on WJMN.

Might be in HD in the other wisconsin cities if they are able to do it.

Be happy you don't live in the WJMN-DT coverage area.  It has a whole 10 mile radius coverage.  They bellyached that they could not get FCC approval for the 1 MW station until just a few weeks ago (an unlikely story) and say the 1MW station won't be on line until November.   Imagine that.... 9.8 kW until November...