News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Overcompression during the Packer game 8/15 TWC

Started by Rick_EE, Saturday Aug 15, 2009, 10:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitzburgh

Quote from: budda;53512But I am curious if you have Sunday ticket do the games have the same problem? As these are local feeds as well from other markets, just asking.:D

Sunday Ticket is NOT locals from other areas. They are just network feeds that go to other areas.

budda

Quote from: Blitzburgh;53521Sunday Ticket is NOT locals from other areas. They are just network feeds that go to other areas.

That is a distinction with out a difference. All games don't really come from the local broadcaster just that's who's giving you the feed. All games are getting grabbed from somewhere and if all things are equal why is the rebroadcast of the Packer game any better on Direct or Dish ver, Ant. I would Guess that the Ant in any local market would have the best chance of the best picture. And yes I did say GUESS as I am not a engineer. After it is spit out from the local station I guess it could be made worse or better. But the most uncompressed and open band with would be available IMO

robd

Doesnt time warner get there feed from fiber from TMJ and not over the air?

Rick_EE

It was answered in another tread that it is a fiber link.  However, the bit rate is identical to the OTA feed.