• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New U-verse Sports and News Multicast

Started by ckkopenski, Tuesday Aug 11, 2009, 03:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckkopenski

U-verse users. Check your U-verse Menu (Menu button) for new Sports and News Multi view service. Sorta like PIP on baby steriods. Allows 4 screens (1 about 1/2 the screen, three other screens down the right side. You can scroll through about 20 sports channels using the arrow buttons. You can flip to that channel by hitting ok. If you want that channel full screen, you hit exit while on that screen.

Not sure what I think so far. Looks like it would be ok, but you have to launch the damn thing each time from the Menu button. Also, channels seem pre-loaded at this point. I haven't found any customization yet.

The Multiview does launch almost instantly however. It's not as slow as that PITA weather application.

Corey

edit. If you are on Multiview, then hit exit to take that channel full screen, you can hit the Back key to re-enter Multiview.

Also, I am in the Milw area. I'm not sure if the Madison and Fox Valley markets got the upgrade at the same time.

louisd13

You can also launch it by going to channels 601 (sports), 201 (news), and 301 (kids).