• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV Rocks!

Started by Tom Snyder, Saturday Aug 08, 2009, 05:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb4fan92

Quote from: vegasvic;53217I had 10X the outages with TWC than I've had with DTV.

I don't have cable anymore just Roadrunner.  But I get downed internet problems probably once every 2 weeks.  Usually only lasts an hour or less but nevertheless its very annyoying>

Talos4

Quote from: Steve Mann;53177Or in my case, I use the snow against itself. I just make a few snow balls and toss them up and smack the dish with them. So far, it's knocked the snow off every time. You don't wanna throw too hard and knock the dish out of alignment, but as long as its a good tight install, you should be fine.

There's always a better idea!

Steve Mann

Quote from: Talos4;53227There's always a better idea!

Ha! I love it. I'm off to Walmart to pick one of those puppies up. :)
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

AceRockolla

I had the first attempted install of my new DirectTv system tonight and the tech couldn't find a good line of sight except for on my detached garage. He said the signal up there was "96%" which I assume is okay. The only problem was that it was already 8pm and he said they would have to have other equipment to connect the wiring from the garage to the house. Doh!

I have rescheduled for Tuesday so I am crossing my fingers they can get it set up then. The NFL regular season is quickly approaching! -aaron

jimbop99

I've always had good experiences with D*. When I call them I talk to someone within minutes. When my equipment fails they replace it quickly and when I get an upgrade the installers are professional and courteous. Before I had D* I had cable. I really had no major problems with them until I upgraded to a 50" big screen TV (that was 12 years ago). The picture quality at that time was just terrible so I've been with D* ever since.

the_heller

I'd love to know how to get these "anniversary" gifts ... I've been with Directv for, geez, over 10 years and I can't recall getting anything from them. Oh, wait, they did give me SuperFan free last year ... but it's on the bill this year. :(

ArgMeMatey

OK DirecTV fans, do they offer anything comparable to Dish Network's Welcome Pack, which is 20 channels for $14.95 a month?  If they could give me just Comedy Central, they would truly rock.  Of course then they would probably be out of business too.  

AMC     
Home Shopping Network
Bloomberg    
MSNBC
Boomerang    
MTV2
Comedy Central    
Oxygen
CMT    
QVC
Discovery Kids    
Shop NBC
Food Network    
TBS
Hallmark    
TLC
HGTV    
WE
The History Channel    
Weather Channel

Bebop

Quote from: the_heller;53341I'd love to know how to get these "anniversary" gifts ... I've been with Directv for, geez, over 10 years and I can't recall getting anything from them. Oh, wait, they did give me SuperFan free last year ... but it's on the bill this year. :(

The only way to get anything free from DirecTV is threaten (politely) to leave after your contract is up.  I used to take advantage of my expired contract when I had DirecTV. Now it will take two years instead of one.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun