News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tivo HD users with Tuning Adaptor

Started by Tivoman44, Monday Jun 22, 2009, 07:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

Hello all,
I write this at 7:51pm Milwaukee time on 6-22-09.  Has anyone experience any problems with SDV channels.  Most of mine did not work, except for a few like Fox News and one of the ESPNS and Discovery.  I simply unplugged the tuning adaptor, let it be for about a minute then plugged it back in and found that worked fine.  I remember someone saying how Cisco was coming out with a firmware update for this, any news?

Steve

TiVo HD XL

Well let me know if you come across a firmware update because all of my science-type HD channels freeze up and I get those "unavailable call your provider" messages frequently. Apparently this does not affect the local NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, etc. HD channels only the ones I like to watch. This SDV stuff was never implemented properly and everytime I talked to a TWC tech about it they act like they shouldn;'t know anything because to them it's "new" even though this cable card stuff has been floating around for at least two years. I had one service rep tell me that they don't support the TiVo. I yelled back at him that it's not the TiVo. The TiVo works. It's your darn two bit cable cards and your SDV service that sucks.

Quote from: Tivoman44;52567Hello all,
I write this at 7:51pm Milwaukee time on 6-22-09.  Has anyone experience any problems with SDV channels.  Most of mine did not work, except for a few like Fox News and one of the ESPNS and Discovery.  I simply unplugged the tuning adaptor, let it be for about a minute then plugged it back in and found that worked fine.  I remember someone saying how Cisco was coming out with a firmware update for this, any news?

Steve

LoadStar

I don't know why, but I have absolutely zero issues with my tuning adapter.

The worst I ever get is the "channel not available" message when I first turn on my TV... but that's probably because the switched digital allocation "expires" or something if you leave it on a channel for long enough. Other than that, I don't even notice I have it.

It may be because I kicked and screamed enough to get them to fix my signal levels in both directions, after I had all sorts of issues with my RoadRunner connection. I'm firmly convinced that signal level issues are the source of 95% of issues with digital cable.