• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WBME Channel 49 - new channels?

Started by bschlafer, Wednesday May 27, 2009, 05:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bschlafer

A recent re-scan revealed that WBME, Channel 49 in Milwaukee, is broadcasting color bars on 49-2, 49-3, 49-4, 49-5, 49-6 & 49-7.  

Does anyone know if they are planning to add new OTA channels soon?

*Bill

jjallou

It would be nice if they could put something on those channels, I'm sick of seeing the future!

After the rescan I see more of the future (on channel 49) and 63-1 now shows up as 17-3. They must have something screwy in their PSIP for 63-1.

jjallou

OMG!

My DTVPAL box is now receiving a 58-4 & 58-5 as well.

This could mean the end to any remaining quality that 58-1 has for HD Programming.

My DigitalStream box is not seeing those channels however.

Jack 1000

I would like to see ME-TOO (a.k.a ME-TV 2) come to digital broadcast and TWC.  Maybe this could be related to the new test stations.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Cheese!

Heres what i say, give 58 there very own channel, 58.1 ONLY, then load all of the crap onto 49 as they don't need particularly good picture quality for MeTV. That way everyone is happy, YAY!

InsulinJunkie

Quote from: Cheese!;52612Heres what i say, give 58 there very own channel, 58.1 ONLY, then load all of the crap onto 49 as they don't need particularly good picture quality for MeTV. That way everyone is happy, YAY!

Given the eight bazillion subchannels that Weigel loads up on their Chicago stations (like WCIU) - I wouldn't hold your breath.

Cheese!

Quote from: InsulinJunkie;52619Given the eight bazillion subchannels that Weigel loads up on their Chicago stations (like WCIU) - I wouldn't hold your breath.

I wish i could sit whoever is in charge at wiegal down and flip between say 6.1 and 58.1 and show them the difference, on WCIU its harder to tell because most of the programming is in SD (Minus the Cubs who deserve to be in low def)

It seems to be a theme these days to load up as many channels as they can fit onto one station (kind of like WKOW in Madison with RTN and This)