• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NCAA games on CBS58 with Uverse

Started by tbarney, Sunday Mar 22, 2009, 08:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbarney

I was at a friends house today watching the early NCAA games. He had on channel 1005 (or something like that) on Uverse which is CBS58 in HD. The picture was HD, but had horrible pixelation during all fast-paced scenes.  I figured it was a network thing until I got home and my OTA signal was perfect.

Did anyone else with Uverse in the area notice the same thing, or could it be something with his setup?

Thanks

tencom

Quote from: tbarney;51333I was at a friends house today watching the early NCAA games. He had on channel 1005 (or something like that) on Uverse which is CBS58 in HD. The picture was HD, but had horrible pixelation during all fast-paced scenes.  I figured it was a network thing until I got home and my OTA signal was perfect.

Did anyone else with Uverse in the area notice the same thing, or could it be something with his setup?

Thanks

I was at my brothers house in Waukesha on Satarday and noticed no major issues with NCAA basketball on channel 1005 except that the data  rate could not keep up with the action causing a minor problem with fast motion probabaly caused by the low Data rate that uverse uses. Uverse uses MPEG-4 AVC  technolgy Which uses enhanancement  layers  meaning that basic detail is transmitted first and the fill-in detail is added later  and can be noticed especally during major changes in picture content.

kevbeck122

Yeah, most likely the low bitrate.  I think U-verse HD channels peak at 8Mbps, but are usually around 6Mbps most of the time.