News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Wwaz

Started by Cheese!, Saturday Mar 14, 2009, 06:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese!

does anyone know the status of WWAZ, I know their supposedly digital only but I cant pick up even a hint of a signal, I have WWRS coming in at about 90%, is WWAZ off-air or operating at a low power?

mrschimpf

Quote from: Cheese!;51220does anyone know the status of WWAZ, I know their supposedly digital only but I cant pick up even a hint of a signal, I have WWRS coming in at about 90%, is WWAZ off-air or operating at a low power?

It's not operating at all. Pappas Telecasting, who owns it, went into Chapter 11 and is selling stations left and right; as a consequence they took WWAZ off completely last year to save money. The station didn't even build their digital facilities because of Pappas' struggles and they don't forsee the station coming back to the air until next year at the earliest.

John L

Is WWAZ-TV the one in Fond du lac, WI?

-John L.

mrschimpf

Quote from: John L;51233Is WWAZ-TV the one in Fond du lac, WI?

-John L.

That's the one; it shares the WWRS/TBN tower in Iron Ridge.

John L

Quote from: mrschimpf;51234That's the one; it shares the WWRS/TBN tower in Iron Ridge.

If I remember right they stopped analog service a few years ago, they are strictly digital.

-John L.