• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

House defeats bill to delay digital switch

Started by techguy1975, Wednesday Jan 28, 2009, 12:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techguy1975

Stanley Kritzik

The GOP couldn't be all bad -- maybe.  This will move things along, and the whiners will just have to go with it.  Having said that, wait until 2/17.  There will be tears a-plenty.  There are more TV sets than bathtubs or toilets in the US, and I'm sure there will be plenty who have been sound asleep.

Stan

klwillis45

{cheers} Might common sense prevail after all?

jeffski

It's not like they haven't been warned....man for what over a year at least?  Seems like every local news channel has a countdown.:huh?:

Tom Snyder

QuoteThe Republicans Finally Did Something Right!
I don't want this to turn into a political firestorm, but contrary to a lot of popular belief out there, the Democrats took over both houses of Congress two years ago (Back when the DOW was at 13,000, unemployment was near 4%, the economy was booming and my house was worth 20% more than it is today) and have controlled it ever since.

The final vote on this bill was 258-168, meaning that it won a simple majority. A bunch of Democrats also voted against it, but it was the threat of Republican filibuster that required a 2/3 majority for this albatross to pass.  So for that, kudos!

Now let's hope that they stiffen their spine and use it for something REALLY important to threaten to filibuster that big steaming pile of PORK that's being paraded as an economic stimulus package.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

OlsonNet

Quote from: Tom Snyder;50404I don't want this to turn into a political firestorm, but contrary to a lot of popular belief out there, the Democrats took over both houses of Congress two years ago (Back when the DOW was at 13,000, unemployment was near 4%, the economy was booming and my house was worth 20% more than it is today) and have controlled it ever since.

So you are saying that this awful situation that we are in was caused by just 2 years of democratic control of the houses? Yeah, sure....

The problems happening how have roots much, much earlier than 2 years.

troyriley

Get those useless analog signals out of the way and stop them from interfering with digital signals on the same frequency. I'm sure the government will make another attempt to change it to June 12, and then do the same at the end of May when the same people who aren't ready now aren't ready then. Hopefully they'll run out of time and February 17 will be here.

Instead of worrying so much about this, shouldn't they be trying to figure out how to turn the economy around before even more hundreds of thousands of people lose jobs?

Xizer

This is a case of the broken clock being right twice a day.

The digital switch is in the interests of big business; in this rare case it is also the right thing.