News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Poor picture quality with Charter

Started by dj1111, Wednesday Jan 07, 2009, 08:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj1111

My mom recently had her Charter cable upgraded to their digital service.  No HD service, just digital.  I have the same setup at my house.  I'm viewing mine through a 10 year old Toshiba SD 50" projection TV and my picture quality is excellent.  Not HD but perfect SD.  Her TV is a much newer projection TV with HD capability.  I know her TV looks great in HD because at one time I hooked her up with OTA to get the locals in HD.  But her picture quality with Charter's digital service is terrible.  Around every part of the picture with high contrasting colors are major distortions.  Like it can't quite decide how to build the picture.  Even she notices them with her 78 year old eyes.  It certainly is viewable and bearable but you don't have to look very close too notice it.  I went through the entire menu to find some setting that would help or reduce the distortion but nothing helped.  Is this something common and basically there's nothing we can do?  Any advice is appreciated.

klwillis45

I'm guessing her signal strength isn't high enough. Might be time to get Charter  to check her lines.