News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

And the Winner Is?

Started by digdugm, Monday Dec 08, 2008, 09:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digdugm

Channel 12 is running an HD scroll for weather updates. woooo

nick3092

Glad to see stations finally getting with it.  CBS shrunk like the first minute of Big Bang, but then went back to HD for the entire show.

However, NBC is the big loser.  NBC shrunk down like 99% of Chuck to let me know that some pet grooming place was closing down, or something.

WITI6fan

Quote from: digdugm;49505Channel 12 is running an HD scroll for weather updates. woooo

WAT?!

:eek:

Mark Strube

Awesome... good timing too, if the series finale of Boston Legal went to SD, I would've been madder than hell.

REVM1M

As much as I hate CBS 58 for not having HD on Directv, but I watched Big Bang & CSI via OTA and was wonderfull. And yes WTMJ 4 (NBC) is been a big loser, this morning they didn't even broadcast Today show and had the local news on since 4 am .

Tom Snyder

Channel 12 blew off GMA this morning to get the natives hiding under their beds in fear of the 2.7 inches of snow that fell at Timmerman in the last 18 hours.

And Charlie Brown's Christmas last night looked like I was watching it on a 15 inch screen. Crawler on the bottom and blue animated sidebars during commercials..with black pillar bars as well. If there was an HD crawler last night, it didn't happen till later.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

WITI6fan

This is a instance where the ol' internet phrase "Pics or it didn't happen" should be used. :rolleyes:

I waited last night to see if anything came on, but all they ran was the SD crawls.

vegasvic

I especially love the coverage of people buying shovels at hardware stores.  Can't get enough of that.

SRW1000

Quote from: vegasvic;49538I especially love the coverage of people buying shovels at hardware stores.  Can't get enough of that.
I really enjoy it when the reporters either start throwing snowballs or making snow angles.  That's some really high-quality news coverage.  :rolleyes:

Scott

LoadStar

Quote from: vegasvic;49538I especially love the coverage of people buying shovels at hardware stores.  Can't get enough of that.

I swear, if there isn't a winter weather drinking game, there should be. You know...

• 1 shot when a reporter is at a public works building. (Chug if that reporter is in front of a pile of salt.)
  • 1 shot for a reporter in a park and ride lot. (2 more if the reporter pulls out a ruler and sticks it in a pile of snow.)
  • 1 shot whenever the word "treacherous" is used.
  • 1 shot for a reporter in a hardware store in front of shovels
  • 1 shot for a reporter in a grocery store.

I'm sure others can come up with some good ones. :)

skier8734

The greenhouse show on 620 making fun of the tv snow coverage, a good listen.

http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/greenhouse/35825674.html?video=pop&t=a

SRW1000

Quote from: WITI6fan;49520This is a instance where the ol' internet phrase "Pics or it didn't happen" should be used. :rolleyes:

I waited last night to see if anything came on, but all they ran was the SD crawls.
Digdugm was correct:

This image was captured tonight (I only resized it for the forum), when WISN was running a digital TV informational crawl.

Now, will they actually use it for weather warnings, or will we be subjected to the small-box, big crawl treatment.  We may know by this weekend.

Scott

Jack 1000

Weather graphics always draws big ratings, except try them during a Packer Game and hell will freeze over if a Packer Game is interrupted for a snow alert!

Elderly people love weather news.  My grandparents always made a big thing about the amount of snow or rain that would fall during a storm.  I can understand a Severe Weather Alert for dangerous wind chills, tornadoes, or severe flooding.  But there is no need to tell me it's snowing.  If it's under 4 inches and there are no other weather issues, no show should be interrupted for that.

If you want Weather get Standard Cable and watch The Weather Channel for 24x7 weather information.  I can't see how Weather Plus is leaving TWC.  Do you think it will leave or be consolidated into The Weather Channel's Programing?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

WITI6fan

WISN just dropped the HD feed for the closing ticker to display.

:(

SRW1000

Quote from: WITI6fan;49651WISN just dropped the HD feed for the closing ticker to display.

:(
Dang.  I just handed out the award to Channel 4.

Scott