News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Navigator Update

Started by wireblsam, Friday Dec 05, 2008, 10:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wireblsam

I have a old box in the basement (SA 3250HD) that I flipped on for the first time in a few days tonight and it had the Navigator update on it.  This is very easy to see because it has the Blue/Gray/Yellow color scheme to it.  I don't know if they are going box type by box type to do the updates (because my other 4 boxes are running the existing Navigator software), but it looks like it is starting to roll out in this area.

I will have to play with it a little more when I have some time and see if there is anything significant to the change.

Jack 1000

Quote from: wireblsam;49470I have a old box in the basement (SA 3250HD) that I flipped on for the first time in a few days tonight and it had the Navigator update on it.  This is very easy to see because it has the Blue/Gray/Yellow color scheme to it.  I don't know if they are going box type by box type to do the updates (because my other 4 boxes are running the existing Navigator software), but it looks like it is starting to roll out in this area.

I will have to play with it a little more when I have some time and see if there is anything significant to the change.

Thanks! keep us posted,

Also, if any of you have a Mystro box (no C) and you have never gotten closed captioning to work, but it works after this update, let us know.  My CC never worked on my DVR, not even with Passport.

I'll bet the DVR's will be last to update.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

wireblsam

Closed Captioning worked just fine on the newly updated box.

Gregg Lengling

I got my closed captioning to work by changing from CC1 to to digital Text and now it finally works fine.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Jack 1000

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;49482I got my closed captioning to work by changing from CC1 to to digital Text and now it finally works fine.

I went through all the CC settings and text settings. They had no effect.  I'll need to wait for a C box. ( or see if the update solves the issue.)  One question, for Navigator CC options, you have "On,"  "Off," and "On With Mute"  Must your TV volume be controlled by the cable box in order for those functions to work? Especially the "On With Mute" option?

Jack

LoadStar

Quote from: Jack 1000;49485I went through all the CC settings and text settings. They had no effect.  I'll need to wait for a C box. ( or see if the update solves the issue.)  One question, for Navigator CC options, you have "On,"  "Off," and "On With Mute"  Must your TV volume be controlled by the cable box in order for those functions to work? Especially the "On With Mute" option?

Jack

Yes. The "on with mute" is specifically referring to muting the cable box's volume, since obviously it wouldn't have any idea that you've muted your TV, amplifier, or anything else.

Oh, and my CC worked just fine on my old non-C box, and works exactly the same on my new C box. I did (and do) occasionally have problems when switching from CC "On with mute" to straight CC "on" - I would sometimes have to turn CC off then back on again, or switch channels, for it to kick in. Never had the same problem when switching from CC off straight to CC on.

Jack 1000

I also got the latest update for Navigator MDN on my SA 8300 DVR.  Colors are different.  Have not seen major new features yet. CC still a no go, so obviously this is a hardware issue with this box.  The guide looks much more polished and professional.  Minor adds are:

1.) The enhanced colors as mentioned above.

2.) Keyboard Search Wrapping

3.  Find Shows brings up the keyboard immediately.  To do a Category Search, you press B again.

Navigator now LOOKS good and not like something out of a high school Computer Ed. Final Exam Project.

Jack

greg210

Yes it looks pretty good....seems like mine was updated since last night. However the box in the bedroom that is not a DVR but is a HD box is not updated.

Question............When I hit list and I see the list of saved/recorded shows what is the meaning of the green circle with the white star to the left of all the entries??? Or is it just decoration???

Thanx

Greg

uwgrad

Quote from: greg210;49514Yes it looks pretty good....seems like mine was updated since last night. However the box in the bedroom that is not a DVR but is a HD box is not updated.

Question............When I hit list and I see the list of saved/recorded shows what is the meaning of the green circle with the white star to the left of all the entries??? Or is it just decoration???

Thanx

Greg

It means the show is in "Save Until Manually Deleted"  They won't be deleted automatically if the HDD fills up.  The DVR will just stop recording new shows if there is no space left.

nick3092

I came home from work to find my 8300HD updated as well.  2.4.4-15

greg210

Thanx for the info..........now all they have to do is put the fast forward back in the PIP and I'll be happy!!

Greg

duncantuna

Hmm .. 2.4.4-15 ??

I'm at 2.4.10_11 from 2008/06/05.

Although I'm on a 8300HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: duncantuna;49521Hmm .. 2.4.4-15 ??

What type of box do you have? i.e SA, Pace, the new Samsung?  I think you'll be updated before the end of the year.  What city or municipality are you in or near?

Jack

Jack 1000

The graphics for On Demand Channels have also been updated.  They look really nice now!

Jack

nick3092

Quote from: duncantuna;49521Hmm .. 2.4.4-15 ??

Yeah, HDC boxes run ODN.  MDN and ODN have different version numbers.  The newest ODN version I have seen reported by others across the country is 3.1.0_11 dated 11/26/2008.