News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

No signal on 58-1

Started by HDCheeseHead, Thursday Oct 30, 2008, 09:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDCheeseHead

Come home tonight to watch Survivor in HD on my DTV DVR and I find the recording didn't take. I try watching CSI and same thing. I try to tune to 58-1 live and I get he message saying that it's searching for signal.  I restart receiver and when it comes back, I get the same thing.  I'm able to tune to other 58 OTA channels as well as other networks OTA channels except 58-1.  Another wired thing is that the signal meter shows high 90s for 58-1.  

Anyone know what's up?

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Stanley Kritzik

Every few days, the sub-channels of WDTV come and go on my HR21/AM21 combo.  Usually, 58-1 (WDTVDT) stays put, as does 58-3.  58-2 is another story, usually showing up as WDTVDT2 and as WMLW.  Yesterday, I could get 58-1 and 58-3, but not 58-2.  I reset the OTA stuff, and came up with both flavors of 58-2.  However, WMLW was "missing in action" when I actually tuned for it.

Since none of the other OTA channels in town have so much trouble, I'm inclined to blame WDTV.  Somehow or other, the programming information they are sending is somewhat incorrect, and changes from week-to-week.  Because DirecTV has no deal with Weigel, one needs to get 58-1 OTA, 'cause the analog version  of 58 supplied by DirecTV these days is truly painful to watch.  Digital, and HDTV have us spoled.

Anyway, I hope for the best.

Stan

dslomski

Same thing happened to 58-1 on my HR21/AM21.  The channel stayed in the guide, but nothing was recorded.  All the other OTA channels were working fine.  I went into setup, and the signal meter showed 100% on 58-1.

I did the initial OTA setup again, and it worked fine.

All this happened while my HR20 with the built in OTA tuner had no problems.  So it's not a broadcast issue.  Either something in the HR21 or AM21.

Overall, very dissapointed with the HR21.  Every aspect of it is slower, from the guide to changing channels, deleting recording, everything.

DAVE

tunce

:bang:

This would be a mute point with DirecTV if 58 would FREAKING allow DirecTV to retransmit the HD signal!

:mad:

murdoc

Quote from: dslomski;49108Overall, very dissapointed with the HR21.  Every aspect of it is slower, from the guide to changing channels, deleting recording, everything.

DAVE

I felt the very same way with my HR22 until I came across a little secret.  Press the MENU button and click on "Search for Shows".  Search by KEYWORD and type in "30skip" without the quotes.  Click NEXT and choose ALL for the categories.  It will not find anything but every button press will be snappier.  Want it back the old way?  Do the same thing but search for "30slip" and it will revert.  The only problem I've found is this code does not stay in memory after a power outage, reset, or software update so it must be re-entered afterward.

Blitz68

Quote from: tunce;49111:bang:

This would be a mute point with DirecTV if 58 would FREAKING allow DirecTV to retransmit the HD signal!

:mad:

I agree. I cannot recieve 58 via OTA either. So I dont watch CBS out of Milwaukee.... Problem solved.:)

AA9VI

Quote from: murdoc;49115I felt the very same way with my HR22 until I came across a little secret.  Press the MENU button and click on "Search for Shows".  Search by KEYWORD and type in "30skip" without the quotes.  Click NEXT and choose ALL for the categories.  It will not find anything but every button press will be snappier.  Want it back the old way?  Do the same thing but search for "30slip" and it will revert.  The only problem I've found is this code does not stay in memory after a power outage, reset, or software update so it must be re-entered afterward.

know any more tricks?

RonH

There is a listing of tips and tricks over at dbstalk.com I believe.  The 30skip vs 30slip only affects the function of the 30second skip button from what I know.

There are many other tricks, the most powerful one I have used are boolean operators and other advanced search stuff for autorecords.

Try this:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72648