• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

How about street side TV Studios in downtown Milwaukee?

Started by tvboy, Thursday Oct 02, 2008, 10:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvboy

Having street side TV news studios works very well in New York City and in Chicago and I would like to see that happen here in Milwaukee.  We have historic buildings in the 3rd and 5th Ward and others in the downtown area that would be great as a news broadcast facility.  Any locations that would be great for this?

BeeJay1976

I wouldn't bet on it happening in Milwaukee.

To be successful, a station would need to consider relocating the entire news operation.  There's no sense in doing it just to have a set with a pretty background if it's blocks/miles away from the newsroom.

From their current locations, none of the Milwaukee stations have anything remarkable to look at in the areas immediately surrounding their studios.  If TMJ4 moved to the JS building, then MAYBE, but I don't forsee them selling Radio City.

LoadStar

Streetside studios are generally there to take advantage of lots of pedestrian traffic already in the area. Milwaukee isn't really a big pedestrian city, so a streetside studio probably wouldn't work very well.

WITI6fan

Before it was sold/rented to someone, I thought the old Discovery World in the Museum Center would have made a great studio location.