News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC commmercials squished

Started by Brendan, Tuesday Apr 06, 2010, 05:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

Not that this is a big deal, since it's only on some commercials, but has anyone else noticed that all of TWC's locally inserted ads are squished? They're being horizontally compressed so that any 4:3 content has extra large black bars on either side. 16:9 content, which shouldn't have any bars, has side bars equal to that of normal 4:3 content displayed on a 16:9 display.
It's like they're compressing the ads so that they'll fit on 4:3 TVs, but any 16:9 HDTVs are also getting all that content compressed for no reason. I just mention it because I can't believe that it's been going on for so long. If I were one of their advertisers, I wouldn't pay. In fact, I know that TV stations usually have to do "make-goods" for any ads that have technical problems. How has this gone on without anyone noticing?

LoadStar

Quote from: Brendan;55322Not that this is a big deal, since it's only on some commercials, but has anyone else noticed that all of TWC's locally inserted ads are squished? They're being horizontally compressed so that any 4:3 content has extra large black bars on either side. 16:9 content, which shouldn't have any bars, has side bars equal to that of normal 4:3 content displayed on a 16:9 display.
It's like they're compressing the ads so that they'll fit on 4:3 TVs, but any 16:9 HDTVs are also getting all that content compressed for no reason. I just mention it because I can't believe that it's been going on for so long. If I were one of their advertisers, I wouldn't pay. In fact, I know that TV stations usually have to do "make-goods" for any ads that have technical problems. How has this gone on without anyone noticing?

I noticed it at least 2 weeks ago. I shrugged it off. Yeah, it's really wrong, but there isn't much I can do. If I attempted to report the issue, it would undoubtedly only confuse whomever I managed to get a hold of, and the report would never reach someone who can fix it.

Danno321

I guess no TWC engineers watch TWC TV at home.  :rolleyes: