News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Local Channel Madness and DirecTV

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Saturday Aug 30, 2008, 08:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

I was out at my D* dish and OTA antenna today, tightening a few connectors.  Returning to the house, D*'s 10, 36, and 58 were gone -- replaced by old analog ML10, ML36 and ML58!  Also, the OTA signal for 58-1 was gone (WDJTDT).

I thought I had screwed up, re-booted my receivers, reset other stuff, and then I calmed down.  With MPTV changing over this holiday weekend, that explained 10 and 36.  As for 58-1, my receiver's antenna signal measurement showed zero for 58-1, so DirecTV substituted ML58, as they are supposed to do.

Problems solved, but the process is really sloppy.  Between MPTV and D*, they should have coordinated better, and I don't know what happened to 58-1's signal.  It's all kind of hit-and-miss, and a bit messed up.

Stan

Stanley Kritzik

Things have changed.  58-1 is back.  It definitely was gone Saturday night.  However, DirecTV doesn't know it, so the satellite and receiver are substituting analog ML58, rather than digital 58.  Hopefully, this will get fixed.  Now, with 10 and 36 changing, we need to see DirecTV get back in synch with the new line up.

Stan

RonH

I was wondering about this.  How long does it usually take directv to sync their menus with a new channel lineup?

mrschimpf

Same thing with Charter and 796...they should have known to switch, but I'm still seeing WMVT-DT1 here in Sheboygan, and I don't know whether to call. The last time I tried to prod them about a botched channel change, some friendly woman in Manila pretty much told me everything was fine and nothing was wrong from what she saw. I guess not, on the other side of the world.

Very frustrating. I was looking forward to convention coverage in HD without network junk.

Stanley Kritzik

You can guess the rest.  Whoever he was/wherever he was said "not to worry", we're already broadcasting in digital.  So, I again tried to explain, that their digital signal was broadcasting local analog material, for 10, 18, 36, and 58, to name some.  I doubt that the message will sink in.  My experience with DirecTV's CSRs is that when they get beyond responding with scripted answers, the cause is lost.

Stan