• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Latest TWC and BTN bickering

Started by wireblsam, Friday Aug 22, 2008, 06:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Quote from: wireblsam;47844Look at a UVerse truck as it goes down the street.  They all have decals on them that says we have the NFL Network and Big Ten Network and cable doesn't.  The sign doesn't say we have the CNN HD and Lifetime Movie Network HD and cable doesn't.

That's all well and good,

There was certainly enough demand from College Sports fans to have the channel finally added.  But my problem is that TWC will  over-exaggerate to people like they just added this incredible channel.  I can see the form letter now:

Dear Valued Customer,

In keeping with TWC's commitment to providing you with the very best and most requested programing, we are pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached with the Big Ten Network, which will now be offered to all of our Wisconsin subscribers.

Sincerely,

Time Warner Cable-The Home of Free HD.

They will look at this as their ace in the hole not to add more channels for the rest of the year, while other TWC markets in Wisconsin add 10-15 more at a time.

If it took a whip cracked over their heads by disgruntled subs to add one channel, that does not exactly inspire confidence.  Maybe in another six months they will add another one channel.  I can't believe how bandwidth, licensing, or whatever, is such a problem for the Milwaukee division!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

basshive

Jack, that could prove to be the most realistic post of all time!! Seriously I can picture the TWC execs in a boardroom high fiving one another after pulling off this coup! *SCORE*
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Andrew

Quote from: basshive;47847Jack, that could prove to be the most realistic post of all time!! Seriously I can picture the TWC execs in a boardroom high fiving one another after pulling off this coup! *SCORE*

Except they didn't really pull of anything, it ended up in the expanded basic tier, not the sports tier.  I hope they did pull off something, like a decrease in BTN's asking price - that I don't want passed on to me - sorry, I'm from out of state and have no interest in the "big" "10".  I am happy for those who really wanted this channel, I am a sports fan and know how frustrating it is to miss a game.

basshive

QuoteExcept they didn't really pull of anything, it ended up in the expanded basic tier, not the sports tier.

Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come out right. I was basically laughing at Jack's post and saying how funny it is TWC toots their horn about this kind of thing when there is nothing big about it :)
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

klwillis45

Anybody have it yet? I've still got JTV.

khafferkamp

i dont have anything either i even unplugged my box and plugged it back in i hO:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)  pe they do it soon cause the game starts at 11 OUR TIME SO THEY BETTER GET IT ON SOON

hormy_83

I don't have it either...  Time is running out!

e-man

Newspaper said that  the Big 10 hd channel 527 would also be added in southeast Wisconsin.  I hope that is added todayas well!

Snoogins

Just checked now, and I have it in New Berlin.  Ch. 63 and BTN-HD on 527!!! :cool:

somehuman

Got 63 and 527(HD) here in Franklin, but still no 897 (BTN SD2). Apparently it is only on the Digital Access Package... Not sure what that means. I have digital cable, but I guess I dont have Digital Access. The TW web site doesn't say anything about a special digital package for BTNSD2.

Also wish the TW web site explained their packages better but it sucks just like everything else about TW.

One more little reason to look for a dish.

nuf said...

hormy_83