• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Usa Hd

Started by greg210, Friday Aug 08, 2008, 04:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg210

Tim Cuprisin's Inside TV and Radio column today states..........

For the record, Time Warner has added the HD version of the NBC-owned USA Network as Channel 525 starting today and running through Aug. 24, along with a series of video-on-demand offerings in HD and standard definition...........

Does this mean USAHD will be removed from the lineup on TWC after 8/24????

RonH

They are afraid they might break the 25 HD channel mark, so they want to get rid of it before you get too comfortable!

Mikey

I just noticed the USAHD....and now I read it is only there temporarily?

W.T.F.?

nick3092

Quote from: Mikey;47500W.T.F.?

NBC is probably letting them carry it for free during the Olympics, and they are too cheap to carry it after that.

I say when it's gone, all TW subscribers flood their office with calls and e-mails.  It probably won't do any good, but who knows.

basshive

Not to rub it in but if you had D* you would have USA HD, and about 6 other channels showing the events in HD. Oxygen, CNBC, USA, Universal and a few others have channels in HD as well as interactivity to track schedules, medal standings etc.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

LoadStar

Quote from: basshive;47510Not to rub it in but if you had D* you would have USA HD, and about 6 other channels showing the events in HD. Oxygen, CNBC, USA, Universal and a few others have channels in HD as well as interactivity to track schedules, medal standings etc.

I love people who say "not to [do something]..." and then proceed to do exactly that, as if the "not to" disclaimer somehow makes it all OK.

You know, sorf of like "Not to be insulting, but you're a total moron of the highest order." :D ;)

BFavre4MVP

So in my family's living room with the 52" Sharp Aquos and TWC Digital Cable box, I was just watching Argentina-Australia soccer on USA HD, but I just went into my room with my 32" Dynex and the SAME cable box, and I don't get USA HD as 525, or on my guide channel at all.  Do I reset the box to get it to show up?

EDIT: After turning the box on and off a few times, the channel has appeared.  Hopefully it's here to stay (and opens the flood gates for CNN HD, ESPN News HD, and others!)

RLJSlick

Absolutely amazing, good job TWC, you wouldn't want to make your costumers happy or anything!

Quote from: Mikey;47500I just noticed the USAHD....and now I read it is only there temporarily?

W.T.F.?
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

vegasvic

Only TWC would add an HD channel, and then take it away.  Priceless.

Andrew

Quote from: vegasvic;47591Only TWC would add an HD channel, and then take it away.  Priceless.

I don't know how they can justify that.  I am happy that Universal HD is free during the olympics too - although the sports it has been carrying aren't always the best (amateur boxing...)

I did finally get to see the opening ceremonies in HD on demand last night.

TPK

Quote from: Andrew;47601I don't know how they can justify that.  I am happy that Universal HD is free during the olympics too - although the sports it has been carrying aren't always the best (amateur boxing...)

I did finally get to see the opening ceremonies in HD on demand last night.

How do you get to the opening ceremonies in HD with TWC??  Is it free??

Im not a TWC customer, I just want to talk my techno-phobic folks who have TWC through bringing up the HD opening ceremonies broadcast...

Andrew

Quote from: TPK;47604How do you get to the opening ceremonies in HD with TWC??  Is it free??

Im not a TWC customer, I just want to talk my techno-phobic folks who have TWC through bringing up the HD opening ceremonies broadcast...

Channel 1102 is HD showcase on demand.

Then go to Beijing olympics, and opening ceremonies, they also have parade of nations, and flame lighting - ie it is divided into three parts, well four, they have speeches too.  Good luck talking them through it over the phone.

And yes it is free.... the home of free hd....

Tom Snyder

Quotethe home of free hd....
Just to clarify, we've been watching Olympics HD on Demand on DirecTV all week. Don't know if it's part of another package we're paying extra for, but it's not costing us any extra by itself.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

basshive

QuoteOnly TWC would add an HD channel, and then take it away. Priceless.

Isn't this part of the deal TWC and many other providers had to make with NBC Universal to allow customers to stream the olympics online? In order for us to be able to stream from nbcolympics.com TWC had to agree to carry additional NBC/Universal channels during the olympics.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

vegasvic

Quote from: Andrew;47605And yes it is free.... the home of free very small amount of hd....

Fixed... ;)