• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New HD Channels On TWC Soon?

Started by jolson247, Friday Jul 25, 2008, 12:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoadStar

Quote from: gparris;47356Note that USAHD is coming, but no mention of Sci-FiHD at all...why?

USA HD was probably pushed through because it will be carrying Olympic coverage in HD starting on the 8th. This is similar to how TWC rushed the rollout of UniHD here before the 2006 Winter Olympics.

mhz40

Quote from: gparris;47356Some TWC locations with SDV offer many more HD channels than we do and their particular location tells you as it is, for what the package will be for them, including WHAT is COMING!:bang:

See:http://www.timewarnercable.com/SanAntonio/Products/Cable/hdtv/channels.html?menu=28346

Note that USAHD is coming, but no mention of Sci-FiHD at all...why?

It would seem that TWC doesn't understand that the Sci-Fi Channel has a need for it to be in HD, just like the Discovery channels do!
Please wake up TWC (and Milwaukee TWC) !:rolleyes:

Sci-fi actually has less HD content than I expected.  It's nice, but all-in-all I'm pretty disappointed.

gparris

True, Sci-Fi HD has less true HD, but incomparison to HGTVHD's stretch-o-vision, I'll take it over that channel, which is already here, but hey, that's me.

Currently, Sci-Fi HD's shows Stargate Atlantis and Eureka in HD are what I'm looking for now, including BSG season 4 when it comes back on again, including the Saturday night Sci-Fi movies, oddballs that these mostly are.:D

mhz40:
Considering how god-awful TWC analogue 55 is, The Sci-Fi HD Channel, even in upconvert will be a blessing vs. the "dirty window" analogue we get with the Sci-Fi Channel now!

mhz40

Quote from: gparris;47374mhz40:
Considering how god-awful TWC analogue 55 is, The Sci-Fi HD Channel, even in upconvert will be a blessing vs. the "dirty window" analogue we get with the Sci-Fi Channel now!

True.  I just wanted to warn everyone about the disappointment with that service.  Sci-fi has had quite some time to prepare their lineup... and have failed.  Maybe there is hope for the upcoming fall season.
IMO, Science HD blows Sci-fi away... and the subject matter is at least about real science & astronomy!

crnolen

Maybe we can plan on getting more channels down here soon with the switch to SDV and the rollouts that are happening in other parts of the country thanks to TWC. TWC just added more channels in Green Bay. Hopefully we can get some love too.
http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/08/03/time-warner-cable-goes-live-with-4-more-hd-channels-in-northeast/

gparris

So far, no one in this forum that I can read about has reported back if SDV has/was implemented here in TWC Milwaukee, thereby taking out their CableCard's ability to access those channels TWC sent them a letter on.

-Nobody...anybody want to report?:OnAir:

If SDV IS implemented, then...where are the 13 HD channels Green Bay already enjoys with the same-pricing we here (Milwaukee) all pay, too?:confused:

LoadStar

Though its not on yet that I can tell, Tim Cuprisin has this to say:
QuoteFor the record, Time Warner has added the HD version of the NBC-owned USA Network as Channel 525 starting today and running through Aug. 24, along with a series of video-on-demand offerings in HD and standard definition.

Pretty much what I expected, though I would've thought it would be a permanent add, not just temporary. Although, I notice that USA is up for contract renewal right now... I'd bet that USA will push for mandatory carriage of the HD channel with the new contract.

nick3092

Quote from: LoadStar;47469Though its not on yet that I can tell, Tim Cuprisin has this to say:

Pretty much what I expected, though I would've thought it would be a permanent add, not just temporary. Although, I notice that USA is up for contract renewal right now... I'd bet that USA will push for mandatory carriage of the HD channel with the new contract.

Well, as of right now, I can't tune 525.

LoadStar

Quote from: nick3092;47470Well, as of right now, I can't tune 525.

Yeah, I noted that at the beginning of my post. Still, if Tim says it, it's probably because someone from TWC has called him up and let him have the exclusive on it, so I have no reason to doubt it will be up within 24 hours.

nick3092

Quote from: LoadStar;47472Yeah, I noted that at the beginning of my post. Still, if Tim says it, it's probably because someone from TWC has called him up and let him have the exclusive on it, so I have no reason to doubt it will be up within 24 hours.

It's definitely there now.  It doesn't appear to be SDV.  Nor have they still apparently put the other 7 channels they said they were going to on SDV.  I wish it would have been there last night so I could have recorded Burn Notice in HD, but at least I can watch psych tonight in HD.  I really hope it's not temporary....