• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TMJ4 Preps for HD I THINK?

Started by khafferkamp, Friday Jul 18, 2008, 08:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khafferkamp

I was watching the today show in hd today and saw that TMJ4 just started putting the time and temp on there HD send and they have never done that before and there video and graphics seem to be getting clearer. i think it would be safe to say that tmj4 will be broadcasting news in HD soon. At least i think so does anyone else agree.

REVM1M

even if they do, they will intrupt their HD and put all that weather watch garbage all over it, so it wouldn't matter if they have their news in HD.

js6751

i have to agree with you. on some of there more recent newscasts, when they have a shot of that widescreen display (usually displaying a graphic), the graphic on the screen looks like it was made for a 16x9 television. I also saw that their radar, when displayed on that screen, was showing more to the west and east than the full screen 4x3 that the viewers see at home. i hope we're right about all this, because i am sick of the news in sd! who knows, maybe they'll be broadcasting news in hd in time for the olympics?

js6751

Any professional or inside insight?

js6751

So Chicago's CW affiliate (WGN) just went HD with their news two days ago (third station in the area to go HD)...why can't we have just one station? Any other inside info or thoughts?

Bluto

According to Tim Cuprisin, TMJ is expanding their afternoon news block from 4-6:30pm to 3-7pm, starting September 8th.  If they decide to go HD with their news, *then* would be a nice time to do so.

GBK

Quote from: Bluto;47233According to Tim Cuprisin, TMJ is expanding their afternoon news block from 4-6:30pm to 3-7pm, starting September 8th.  If they decide to go HD with their news, *then* would be a nice time to do so.

HD is always a plus... but really what is the point? how much can anyone watch the same stuff over and over.. btw no news is good news :)

DZB

Does anyone know what NBC is going to do with all the HD cameras that they are using in China? They can't possibly use them all, once the Olympics are over.

Tom Snyder

QuoteThey can't possibly use them all,
Why, do you want one? :rof:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

LoadStar

Quote from: DZB;47570Does anyone know what NBC is going to do with all the HD cameras that they are using in China? They can't possibly use them all, once the Olympics are over.

NBC is using quite a lot of the pool feed from Beijing Olympic Broadcasting, as best as I can tell. Only the most major events get additional cameras from NBC; stuff like gymnastics for example. There are many events, like fencing, volleyball, etc. where the feed from BOB is as good as they could possibly do on their own, so they just take the pool feed unaltered.

I'd imagine that the amount of equipment obtained (by NBC) specifically for the Olympics is surprisingly low.

basshive

This looks like a pretty impressive setup to me.  Would be nice if they would do a "How Do They Do It" or something like that so we could see the whole process or get details on how much equipment including cameras it takes.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/07/30/it-takes-plenty-of-equipment-to-produce-the-olympics-in-hd/
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

oz

Even the underwater camera is in HD.  Impressive.

WITI6fan

After the Olympics the cameras could end up as "B Stock" on Sony's website. I remember going on there about a year ago and they still had stuff from the 2006 Winter Olympics for sale.