News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Letter

Started by greenskingIV, Tuesday Jul 01, 2008, 04:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wireblsam

Quote from: nick3092;48083EDIT: Something else is odd with MOJO.  When I go to page 23 (Current Service Info) the "name" field says "iNDemandHiDef1".  Normally this field as the channel name, or some abbreviation of it.  

Before Mojo was Mojo, it was iNHD 1 (there was a iNHD2 as well).

kevbeck122

Request counts for SDV go up regardless of what channel I'm on.  Any channel I go to, the tuner state says NON SDV so I don't think it's in place yet.. just blocked from cablecard.

nick3092

Quote from: kevbeck122;48086Request counts for SDV go up regardless of what channel I'm on.  Any channel I go to, the tuner state says NON SDV so I don't think it's in place yet.. just blocked from cablecard.

I don't see that behavior on my box.  The transmission part of the indicator (Tx) does goes up on every channel I tune.  Presumably because the cable box sends a request to the headend every time you tune a channel in the event it is SDV.

But the receive portion of the indicator (Rx) only goes up on the SDV channels.  Which makes sense, the headend most likely doesn't reply to requests if the channel isn't SDV.

My indicator is at 303 - 21.  Which adds up based on my viewing habits, lots of transmissions with no replies.  I've only gone to SDV channels a small number of times, like when I was poking around on the 18xx test channels (which did raise the Rx portion of the indicator) and tonight when I was checking out HDN and HDNM again raising the Rx count).

And where are you seeing the Tuner State?  The only place I see that field is on page 2 "Network Status".  And no matter what channel I'm on, it always just says "Ready".

kevbeck122

Page 7... Switched Digital Video.  Tuner states are either INACTIVE, NON SDV, or SDV.  I do have an HDC box.. so it's a little different.  Anytime I would go to the channels in the high 1800s when they were there, the tuner state would switch to SDV.  Any channel I go to now, the tuner state remains at NON SDV.

nick3092

Quote from: kevbeck122;48090Page 7... Switched Digital Video.  Tuner states are either INACTIVE, NON SDV, or SDV.  I do have an HDC box.. so it's a little different.  Anytime I would go to the channels in the high 1800s when they were there, the tuner state would switch to SDV.  Any channel I go to now, the tuner state remains at NON SDV.

Interesting.  Looks like that is the difference between MDN and ODN.  I'll have to check out my parents box, as they have ODN.

Thanks.

kevbeck122

Quote from: nick3092;48092Interesting.  Looks like that is the difference between MDN and ODN.  I'll have to check out my parents box, as they have ODN.

Thanks.

I looked at my parents' MDN box.. page 23 tells you if the channel is SDV.  Their box is a DVR.. so it said DVR SDB HD when I went to an HD SDV channel.  If I go to something like HDNet, it says DVR HD.  Still, none of the channels TWC said would be SDV are yet... only the channels in the 1800s including the new HD channels.

greenskingIV

Quote from: greenskingIV;47028I got a dreaded letter from TW telling me my cable card will no longer be able to tune in a number of channels starting July 30th if I don't get a box. TW says they are rolling out Switched Digital Video and they don't have a Tuning Adapter to offer but hope to have one later this year. Yeah like that is going to happen. So without a cable box I will no longer be able to view ESPN2 HD, Fox Sports HD, Universal HD, TBS HD, HGTV HD, National Geographic HD, Discovery HD Theatre, A&E HD, MOJO, HD NET, HD Net Movies. This is nice real nice.

Has anyone with a cablecard been missing any channels? Universal HD, HGTV HD,MOJO, HD NET, HD Net Movies are the channels that I can't get. HGTV just went missing this week. Does this mean that Switched Digital Video is in effect?
If you have a cablecard lets hear from you if you are missing any channels.

OlsonNet

Quote from: greenskingIV;48600Has anyone with a cablecard been missing any channels? Universal HD, HGTV HD,MOJO, HD NET, HD Net Movies are the channels that I can't get. HGTV just went missing this week. Does this mean that Switched Digital Video is in effect?
If you have a cablecard lets hear from you if you are missing any channels.

All those channels have been missing since 8/30 for me...