News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CBS 58HD audio dropouts rediculous

Started by Mikey, Monday May 19, 2008, 09:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

So, I dvr'd CSI this past week and watched it this weekend.

I lost track at the number of audio dropouts there were so many.  At least 30.  It was crazy bad.  I missed essential dialogue.  My wife and I were very disappointed.

All during the show itself, not commercials.

I also dvr'd Three Sheets later that night and watched that also this weekend.

Not one audio drop out.

What the hell?

steve053

I watched CSI on 58-1 OTA live last week and don't remember any audio dropouts.  If there were some, they weren't noticed by the wife and me.

Mikey

I dvr'd it via TWC.  

It was beyond noticable.

I am really only noticing the dropouts on TWC ch. 505 (CBS 58HD).

Maybe it is a TW thing.

steve053

That issue (along w/ the seemingly no new HD policy) is what drove me away from TWC.  When we got our 1st HD set I switched to TWC from DirecTv in Aug 2006.  We had problems with a number of channels displaying a black screen and lots of audio drop outs on other channels.

The absolute worst was the Colts AFC championship game in '06.  We didn't have OTA at the time and the audio was dropping every 30 to 90 seconds.  I called TWC and was on hold for almost an hour and a half (thank goodness for speaker phones).  There was less than 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the TWC rep told me that I had to reboot the box because there were "no signal issues on his end". :bang:   Yeah....right.

That one incident convinced my wife that the one or two times a year we lost the sat signal due to rain fade was nothing compared to the TWC crap.  In Spring of '07 we went back to DirecTv and have been pretty happy since.

louisd13

My wife and I also were quite irritated about the Audio issues on the CSI Finale.  We watched via TWC DVR.  (Counting down until U Verse is available all over Kenosha!!)

cdnelson

We have TWC, and found that adding a power inserter (I don't know if that's the right term sorry) fixed most of our dropout and sound issues.

The tech who had been at our house told us that the signal coming to our house was marginal, and suggested it.  (We bought our own instead of paying TWC $$$ for the trouble.)

Your mileage may vary of course. :)

Tom Snyder

DVR'ed CSI over the air... no drop outs here.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Irish

I've noticed that 58's OTA side channels drop out quite often. 58.3 (MeTV) is notorious for this.

gparris

CSI: Miami worked well, no drop outs I could hear.:)