News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

FSNWI HD choppy during brewers 5/18

Started by RonH, Sunday May 18, 2008, 09:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonH

I recently got directv for the first time and I had some pretty bad "skipping" during the brewers sun game in Boston on fsnhd (642-1).  Before I blame the rookie installer and the dish alignment, I wanted to ask some more experienced satellite folks.  

The audio and video were both skipping, about once a second during the 5th inning of the game only.  I read that most of the new hd channels are on the 103deg satellite.  My signal strength is in the 90s for the main 101deg and that is all the installer checked.  The 103deg is in the low 80s.

Could this be because of a poor alignment, or did other brewers fans notice this on either directv or TWc on Sunday?

hggeorge

It was a FSNWI telecast problem today.  If you check the SD feed no problems.  Later in the game they found the problem and fixed it.  

George Menart K9GM
Howards Grove, WI:

Talos4

I noticed the same thing. As stated above it was an FSn problem.

As far as your signal readings, I have the about the same, and it's not been a problem.

Unless you start having problems I wouldn't worry about it.

Bluto

D* user here.  I had the same issue.

One neat thing I noticed when tuning to the game yesterday.  I tuned to TBS, because I heard they were carrying the game.  The 'this game is blacked out' message popped up.  Then, I few seconds later, I got a message saying that the game was available on 642-1, and gave me the option to tune there.  How long has this feature been in place?

RonH

Just to confirm, this same issue happened for me (D*, 642-1) on the 5/21 game again during the bottom of the 8th inning.

Mags

Tonight's game (5/22) - on D* - 642.1 - the audio is terrible... continually hiccuping...

Is that what everyone is talking about?  It is annoying - even the commercials..

RonH

At first I thought this was a "FSN" problem, but looking through this post, it appears all of us who post about this problem are D* users... So perhaps this IS a D* problem.  How does one even go about reporting something like this?

Any TWC or Uverse FSNWI HD viewers notice this for the past 4 games?  It shows up at different times during the game.

DZB

I am on D* and this is still an issue. I have tried to contact them but keep getting voice mail, and no returned calls? Anyone on other systems having this problem?