• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

The Deed is Done. Bye bye, TWC!

Started by Cheesehead Dave, Tuesday Jan 29, 2008, 06:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syrett4

Quote from: Cheesehead Dave;44150Now I'll need to look into antenna options. I'm going to miss the Chicago stations for now, but once the weather is nicer, I'll probably end up at the top of the chimney to install an antenna to get those, as well as WDJT-HD, if it isn't available yet.

You'll still get Hawks, Sox and Cubs on Comcast Sports Chicago if thats any consolation.

syrett4

Quote from: gb4fan92;44148Welcome to DirectTV :hug:

Member for 2 months and couldn't be happier!

Ditto.  I too am shocked when something isn't in HD.  CBS is about it but compared to TWC I actually think DTV could charge more than cable and still do very well.  They are just waaaaaay ahead of the competition.

Cheesehead Dave

Strike One against D*...

They called yesterday to confirm the installation this morning. Great!

They call this morning... "Sorry, there's a shortage of HD equipment, so we won't be able to do the installation today, and I can't say exactly when we'll have the equipment available to do the install, so I'll have to get back to you on that."

:mad:

I'm sure glad I rearranged my day today to make time for this, not to mention shuttling the kids off to grandma's already this morning so they wouldn't be running around while the installer is working.

Next available time is Tuesday from 12-4, so now I have to take off work to be home. :bang:

syrett4

Quote from: Cheesehead Dave;44216Strike One against D*...

They called yesterday to confirm the installation this morning. Great!

They call this morning... "Sorry, there's a shortage of HD equipment, so we won't be able to do the installation today, and I can't say exactly when we'll have the equipment available to do the install, so I'll have to get back to you on that."

:mad:

I'm sure glad I rearranged my day today to make time for this, not to mention shuttling the kids off to grandma's already this morning so they wouldn't be running around while the installer is working.

Next available time is Tuesday from 12-4, so now I have to take off work to be home. :bang:

Yeah, this isn't so good.   Just remember though, these installers are working close to 12 hour days demand is so high for the equipment.   Plus I'm sure they have to go through DTV and not through a dealer or the secondary market.

So it is a strike, but you will be very happy with them once its in.

gparris

Cheesehead Dave: Good things come to those that wait...sorry to hear of your situation.
-I figure you got $240 in savings for a year ($20 x 12), free HDExtra ($15) and Premiums for 3 months ($42 x 3), its better than keeping TWC Wisconsin:
NO more Crapagator and no free deals from them!

(My only "savings" I get from them is reducing my service levels).:(

You are actually ahead of the "game" with getting Directv now before Crapagator hits all of us 8300HD subs
-Then the Directv wait time for installations will be even longer!:eek:

Cheesehead Dave

I know it'll all turn out okay in the end. It's just frustrating that that called yesterday to confirm the installation today, which would seem to indicate that they actually had the resources available to do the install. :rolleyes:

Ah, well... Tuesday, it'll all be better.

PaulKTF

Aw damn, I read the therad title and was hoping that TWC was leaving the area in favor of some other cable provider. :bang:
-Paul

gparris

Quote from: PaulKTF;44237Aw damn, I read the therad title and was hoping that TWC was leaving the area in favor of some other cable provider. :bang:

Very funny, but at one time we had a thread going that actually was about Comcast taking over TWC Wisconsin:
Not a bad thing, considering the HD channel count to my south in Chicago!
These include most of (see my signature) HD channels available in other locations of TWC and more like USAHD and SciFiHD.;)

PaulKTF

Quote from: gparris;44242Very funny, but at one time we had a thread going that actually was about Comcast taking over TWC Wisconsin:
Not a bad thing, considering the HD channel count to my south in Chicago!
These include most of (see my signature) HD channels available in other locations of TWC and more like USAHD and SciFiHD.;)

Hey, I wasn't joking! :) I wouldn't mind Comcast taking over TWC here.
-Paul

gparris

Comcast had the ability to take over TWC Houston and TWC Minnesota and did!
When the whole Adelphia takeover thing happened with TWC and Comcast, things got split between them and that worked out sometimes good and bad.
As for the good of having Comcast Cable:
Friends of mine love it in St.Paul, Minnesota.
One of them comes from the Milwaukee area (recently moved), previously had TWC and would never go back, ever!;)

Cheesehead Dave

Strike Two

The installer was supposed to be here between 12 and 4. *checks watch* Oops.

I called around 2:30 to see what was up. The CSR said that the tech would be calling me to let me know what was going on. Nothing.

Sure am glad that I took the day off from work to be home for the non-install...:mad:

syrett4

Quote from: Cheesehead Dave;44301Strike Two

The installer was supposed to be here between 12 and 4. *checks watch* Oops.

I called around 2:30 to see what was up. The CSR said that the tech would be calling me to let me know what was going on. Nothing.

Sure am glad that I took the day off from work to be home for the non-install...:mad:

WOW, remember you are not dealing with TWC, call and complain to DTV maybe you can get a month free or some other kind of discount.

Cheesehead Dave

Quote from: syrett4;44307WOW, remember you are not dealing with TWC, call and complain to DTV maybe you can get a month free or some other kind of discount.

Well, the installer finally showed up around 6 and just left a few minutes ago. Installation went without a hitch and I'm now happily enjoying DTV. Even with the current snowstorm, Food Network HD looks fantastic!:D

syrett4

Quote from: Cheesehead Dave;44314Well, the installer finally showed up around 6 and just left a few minutes ago. Installation went without a hitch and I'm now happily enjoying DTV. Even with the current snowstorm, Food Network HD looks fantastic!:D

Cool, you won't regret it.   Enjoy.

Jack 1000

How are the DTV installers?  Are they more competent than most of the idiots at TWC?  What about DTV CSR reps?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide